How do you create a solid mass in Revit?
Create an In-Place Mass
- Click Massing & Site tab Conceptual Mass panel (In-Place Mass).
- Enter a name for the in-place mass family, and click OK. The application window displays the conceptual design environment.
- Create the desired shapes using the tools on the Draw panel. …
- When you are finished, click Finish Mass.
How do you change the material of a mass in Revit?
How to Set the Material for all Mass Elements in a Project.
- In the Manage tab>Project Settings panel, expand Settings and select Object Styles.
- Expand the Mass category and select the material for the Form.
- Click in the Material column and then click Browse when it displays.
How do I turn off mass visibility in Revit?
Click View tab Graphics panel (Visibility/Graphics). On the Model Categories tab, select the mass category. This view-specific setting determines whether the mass prints, and whether it is visible when Show Mass is turned off.
How do you make an extrusion transparent in Revit?
Select the “Opening Cut” element in the Window Family, and check the boxes on the Options Bar for “Transparent in 3D/Elevation”. Also, Windows are not truly transparent, as in “see-through”, in Elevation Views.
How do you add color in Revit?
Open a floor plan view or section view. Click Annotate tab Color Fill panel (Legend). Click in the drawing area to place the color fill legend. In the Choose Space Type and Color Scheme dialog, select the space type and color scheme, and click OK.
How do you create a mass family in Revit?
When you create a mass family in the Family Editor, you can then load the family into a project, and place instances of the mass family in the project. Click File tab New Conceptual Mass. In the New Conceptual Mass dialog, select Mass.
How do you assign materials to mass?
Revit: How to assign a material to a conceptual mass element
- Select the element.
- Click on “Edit in Place” from the Modify | Mass Ribbon tab.
- Select the element you want to apply the material to.
- Look for a Material parameter in the element’s properties.
How do you assign materials in Revit?
Apply a Material by Family
- Click Modify |
tab Properties panel (Family Types).
- In the Family Types dialog, under Materials and Finishes, locate the parameter for the object.
- Click in the Value column for the parameter.
- Click .
- In the Material Browser, select a material, and click Apply.
- Click OK.