How do you turn contours into surfaces?
Surface from Contours
- Start by creating a new drawing using a Drawing Template that has a Civil 3D set up (preferably yours).
- Insert the drawing that has the contours and explode it.
- Create a new Civil 3D TIN surface (from Prospector or Ribbon).
- Set values in Create Surface dialog box.
How do you convert polyline to surface in Civil 3D?
To project a 2D line, polyline or feature line to the surface:
- In the command line, type FEATUREELEVSFROMSURF command.
- Select the surface to which the object will be projected.
- Select the desired object(s).
How do I add a surface to an existing section view in Civil 3D?
From Home ribbon click the Create Design panel, click Profile and choose Create Surface Profile. Expand and select the alignment that was used to create the initial profile view. Once alignment is selected, find and highlight the desired surface in the right Select Surfaces area. Click Add to sample this surface.
How do you create a surface model in Civil 3D?
Go to the Prospector tab in Toolspace and right click on Surfaces, select Create Surface. Alternatively, you can type CREATESURFACE at the command line. Either method will bring the Create Surface Dialogue Box up as shown below.
How do you turn polylines into contours?
Create a surface, open the definition tab, add the polylines (that have valid elevations) to the surface as Contour data. Note that contour data alone is not a preferred way to define a surface as breakline, point data and boundaries are absent and likely played a role in creating those polylines you call contours.
How do you make a polyline from a surface?
Start by checking the polylines to make sure they are elevated. Open the AutoCAD Properties palette, select a polyline, and note that the elevation of that polyline is not 0.00. If you have polylines without elevations, they must be modified to the correct elevation before placing them into your surface.
How do I export a Civil 3D DTM file?
Open a drawing with surfaces that you want to export to DEM. Select a surface. Click Surface tab Surface Tools panel Export To DEM Find.. If more than one surface is available in the drawing, and you have not selected the surface in the previous step, in the drawing, click the surface which you want to export.
How do I add a profile to a profile view in Civil 3D?
Click Profile tab Modify View panel Profile View Properties drop-down Profile View Properties Find. In the Profile View Properties dialog box, click the Profiles tab. In the tables of profiles, select the Draw check box for each profile you want to add to the profile view. Click OK.
How do I create a superimposed profile in Civil 3D?
To Create a Superimposed Profile
- Identify the source profile you want to superimpose. …
- Click Home tab Create Design panel Profile drop-down Create Superimposed Profile Find.
- In the drawing, click the source profile line.
- Click the grid of the destination profile view.
How do I change the surface style in Civil 3D?
You can create and manage surface styles on the Settings tab in Toolspace.
- In Toolspace, on the Settings tab, right-click the Surface Styles collection and click New.
- In the Surface Style dialog box, click the Information tab and enter a name and description for the surface style.