The menu bar contains the SOLIDWORKS menus, a set of Quick Access tools, the SOLIDWORKS Search, and the Help options. Click the down arrow next to a tool to display a flyout menu with additional functions.
To display SOLIDWORKS toolbars:
- Right-click in the window border and select or clear a toolbar name.
- Click Tools > Customize. On the Toolbars tab, select the toolbars to display.
right-click the “+” button on the tab bar. tap the Alt key to display the classic menu bar: View menu > Toolbars. “3-bar” menu button > Customize > Show/Hide Toolbars.
Right-click on the menu bar or command manager again at the top of the SOLIDWORKS display area, but this time select Customize -> Toolbars -> Reset To Defaults and confirm by selecting Yes.
You can also show or hide the Heads-Up View toolbar by selecting or clearing View > Toolbars > View (Heads-Up). Search ‘Heads-up View Toolbar’ in the SOLIDWORKS Knowledge Base.
What is the standard toolbar in SOLIDWORKS?
The Standard toolbar controls file management and model regeneration. Removes one or more selected items. The Confirm Delete dialog box provides you with basic and advanced options to remove one or more selected items.
If you’re running Windows or Linux and you don’t see the menu bar, it may have been accidentally toggled it off. You can bring it back from the Command Palette with Window: Toggle Menu Bar or by pressing Alt . You can disable hiding the menu bar with Alt by unchecking Settings > Core > Auto Hide Menu Bar .
How do I keep my toolbar from disappearing?
The taskbar may be set to “Auto-hide”
- Right-Click on the now-visible taskbar and select Taskbar Settings.
- Click on the ‘Automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode’ toggle so that the option is disabled, or enable “Lock the taskbar”.
- The taskbar should now be permanently visible.
How can I get my toolbar back?
To do so:
- Click View (on Windows, press the Alt key first)
- Select Toolbars.
- Click a toolbar that you want to enable (e.g., Bookmarks Toolbar)
- Repeat for remaining toolbars if needed.