What is BOM used for?
A bill of materials (BOM) is a centralized source of information used to manufacture a product. It is a list of the items needed to create a product as well as the instructions on how to assemble that product. Manufacturers that build products start the assembly process by creating a BOM.
What is BOM option?
Standard Bill of Material
A configuration bill (a type of standard bill) is a set of option choices made from a model bill that comprise a buildable, sellable product. Configuration items and bills are automatically created from model bills after a customer chooses options on a sales order.
How do you do BOM?
Necessary Elements of a Good BOM
- BOM level: Assign each part or assembly a number to detail where it fits in the hierarchy of the BOM. …
- Part number: Give each item within the BOM a unique part number, which allows anyone involved in the manufacturing cycle to reference and identify parts easily.
- Part name:
How is BOM calculated?
Bills of material (BOM) calculations use data from several sources to calculate the standard costs of a manufactured item. The sources include information about items, bills routings, indirect cost calculation formulas, and the costing version.
How do I export BOM from Solidworks?
To export a BOM:
- Right-click a BOM and click Save As.
- In the dialog box: In Save as type, select a file type. Browse to a folder, enter a file name, and click Save.
What is Bill of Materials solidworks?
You can create one or more Bills of Materials (BOMs) directly from an assembly or part without first creating a drawing. Use parts only BOMs when the assembly consists of only part components, or to display only parts. The resulting parts are ordered according to their listing in the FeatureManager design tree.
How do I update a BOM in Solidworks?
You can update a named BOM to a selected version of the source file or item.
- In the View section of the Bill of Materials tab, expand BOM , and select a named BOM. …
- Click Refresh ( or ).
- In the Update Source Version dialog box, expand the File Version list and select the version to use. …
- Click OK.
When you click on a part or component of an assembly, the part number appears in the Property Tab. To create this note in a drawing sheet, in the Notes PropertyManager, under Text Format, click Link to Property . Then in the Link to Property dialog box, for Property name, select SW-BOM Part Number(BOM Part Number).
How do I change item number in BOM solidworks?
To assign a new item number to the replaced component and keep it in the same row, in the Bill of Materials PropertyManager, select Keep Missing Item and Assign new item number and do not keep replaced component.