How do I use envelopes in Solidworks?
Creating an Envelope from a Component
- In an assembly, right-click a component and click Component Properties .
- In the dialog box, select Envelope. Exclude from bill of materials also becomes selected, because envelopes are never included in the bill of materials.
- Click OK.
How do you delete an envelope in Solidworks?
To remove an assembly envelope:
- Select the envelope component in either the FeatureManager design tree or the graphics area. You can also select the Envelope feature in the ConfigurationManager.
- Press the Delete key or click Edit, Delete. Both the envelope component and the Envelope feature are deleted.
What is envelope in drawing?
Envelopes allow artists to view the shapes of subjects abstractly. They help artists set proportions for subjects at an early stage in drawing, and focus attention on dominant angles in the composition. … Equally important are mistakes that are avoided by using envelopes.
Where is a part used in Solidworks?
To find where a document is used:
- Select the document in the File Explorer tab in the left pane.
- Select the Where Used tab in right pane. Information about referenced documents appears in the following columns: Document. Lists the document names. Full path. Size. Type.
How do I hide a component in Solidworks drawing?
To show or hide a component from the shortcut menu: Right-click a component in the drawing view or in the FeatureManager design tree and select Show/Hide > Hide Component.