What are ACIS files?
ACIS is a 3D solid and surface modeling library, published and marketed by Spatial Technology, Inc. It is used by a number of popular modeling programs as their primary modeling engine. The native file format of ACIS is called SAT and applications that incorporate ACIS can import and export it.
How do I open an ACIS file in AutoCAD?
To Import an ACIS File
- Click Insert tab Import panel Import. Find.
- In the Import File dialog box, in the Files of type box, select ACIS (*. sat).
- Find and select the ACIS file you want to import, or enter the name of the ACIS file at File Name.
- Click Open.
How do I convert DWG to SAT?
In the Export Data dialog box, enter a file name. Under Files of type, select ACIS (*. sat). Click Save.
What programs can open STEP files?
Programs that open STEP files
- Autodesk Fusion 360. Dassault Systemes SolidWorks. IMSI TurboCAD Pro. ideaMK STP Viewer. Dassault Systemes CATIA. …
- Autodesk Fusion 360. IMSI TurboCAD Deluxe. FreeCAD.
- Linux. Dassault Systemes CATIA. LKSoft IDA-STEP. FreeCAD.
- Web. eMachineShop Free Online STEP File Viewer. Wikifactory. ShareCAD.org.
Can AutoCAD open .SAT files?
In the Import File dialog box, in the Files of type box, select ACIS (*. Find and select the ACIS file you want to import, or enter the name of the ACIS file at File Name. … Click Open.
How do I import sat into Revit?
Open SAT file in Revit 2017. Save this project. Open saved project in Revit 2019 and upgrade.
Alternate Solution 2:
- Start AutoCAD.
- type ASMRESTORE and set it to 2.
- Import SAT file.
- Save this as DWG, and import DWG in Revit 2019.
What are DWF drawings?
A DWF file is a 2D/3D drawing saved in the Design Web Format (DWF) developed by Autodesk. It contains design data, which includes graphics and text. DWF files are saved in a Zip-compressed format to reduce the size of the file.
How can I view CAD files online?
AutoCAD web app and AutoCAD mobile app (US site) allow you to use AutoCAD online and edit, create and view CAD drawings and DWG files in the web browser. Autodesk Viewer is a free online viewer that works with over many file types, including DWG.
Can Solidworks open .SAT files?
SOLIDWORKS supports import of generic named attributes (integer, position, real, string, and vector) associated with bodies and faces from ACIS (. sat) files. These attributes are displayed as features in the FeatureManager design tree.