How do you make a TIN surface in Civil 3D?
Click Home tab Create Ground Data panel Surfaces drop-down Create Surface Find. In the Create Surface dialog box, in the Type list, select TIN Surface.
How do you turn on TIN lines in Civil 3D?
To Add Surface TIN Lines
- To perform this operation, ensure that the surface style has triangles visibility enabled. …
- In Toolspace, on the Prospector tab, expand the surface Definition collection, right-click , and click Add Line.
- At the command line, you are prompted to select the endpoints for the new TIN line.
How do I create a TIN file?
Create a TIN
- On the Analysis tab, click the Tools button .
- The Geoprocessing pane appears.
- Type Create TIN in the search box, and press Enter to search for the tool.
- Double-click Create TIN to open the tool.
- Specify the parameters and click Run to build the TIN surface.
What is TIN surface?
1. A surface upon which the vertices of triangles form irregularly spaced nodes which allows dense information in complex areas.
How do you read a TIN surface?
Display options for TIN surfaces can be accessed from the TIN surfaces’ properties. Double-click the layer to open the Layer Properties dialog box and click the Symbology tab. Here, you have access to symbols, labels, color schemes, and layer renderers.
Is TIN a vector or raster?
TIN structure is a vector-based topological data model that is used to represent terrain data. TIN represents the terrain surface as a set of interconnected triangular facets. TIN structure is a vector-based alternative to the traditional raster representation of terrain surface – Digital Elevation Model (DEM).
Is TIN a vector data?
TINs are a digital means to represent surface morphology. TINs are a form of vector-based digital geographic data constructed by triangulating a set of vertices (points). The vertices are connected with a series of edges to form a network of triangles.
How do I export a Civil 3D DTM file?
Open a drawing with surfaces that you want to export to DEM. Select a surface. Click Surface tab Surface Tools panel Export To DEM Find.. If more than one surface is available in the drawing, and you have not selected the surface in the previous step, in the drawing, click the surface which you want to export.
How do you export tin in Civil 3D?
To Export Surface Data to a LandXML File
- In Toolspace, on the Prospector tab, expand the Surfaces collection, right-click the surface, and click Export LandXML. …
- To change the export selection set (for example, to add another surface), select or clear the check boxes in the data tree.
Which surface feature type is required to create a TIN?
You can create a TIN surface from features, such as points, line, and polygons, that contain elevation information. Use points as spot locations of elevation data. Use lines with height information to enforce natural features, such as lakes, streams, ridges, and valleys.
What purpose do Breaklines serve?
Breaklines are used to capture linear discontinuities in the surface, lake shorelines, single-line drains for small rivers, and double-line drains for large rivers. Sometimes, breaklines are also collected to help define and sculpt the surface without necessarily representing discontinuities.
What kinds of data can you use to create tins?
Points, polygons and lines can be stored in different formats that can be used to create a tin. Multiple input sources include point, line and polygon coverages; points and breaklines in x, y, z GENERATE input files; and breaklines with z values interpolated from a lattice.