Where did my SketchUp model go?
When using the SketchUp Pro desktop modeler, files are saved locally to your machine until you choose to sync your projects to the cloud with Trimble Connect. If you’re working in SketchUp for Web, we recommend storing your models in Trimble Connect until you want to export them to a locally stored file.
How do I reset my SketchUp camera?
“Camera” pull-down, click “field of view”, type-in “30”, hit enter… this should bring you back to default. You can also drag the spyglass to change the VCB (lower right-hand corner.
How do you zoom in and fit in SketchUp?
To zoom in and out, follow these steps:
- Select the Zoom tool ( ) or press the Z key.
- Click and drag up to zoom in; click and drag down to zoom out. When you zoom by dragging the Zoom tool cursor, SketchUp zooms in or out from the center of the screen.
How do I get SketchUp for free?
To access SketchUp Free:
- Sign-up with a free Trimble account on the SketchUp Free webpage.
- Click the “Start Modeling” button. …
- The web-based 3D modeling tool will appear in your browser and you’re ready to begin!
Can you export from SketchUp free?
You can try exporting to Collada (. dae) from SketchUp Free or SketchUp Make 2017 (the last free desktop version) and then using the free Autodesk FBX converter to convert it to FBX.
How do I fix SketchUp errors?
- Update the driver for your graphics card.
- Open the SketchUp file. Then copy and paste the geometry into a new SketchUp file.
- Open the SketchUp file and select Window > Model Info > Statistics > Purge Unused.
- Make sure that no unusual characters appear in Scene or Layer names.
How do I clean model in SketchUp?
- “Clean Up” the whole model first. ( extension)
- Use “Selection Toys” and “Select All Instances” to delete unwanted components and geometery.
- Run another clean up.
- “Weld” any broken edges. “ Soften / Smooth” faces to get the poly count down.
What to do if SketchUp file is not opening?
The Quick Answer
- Check that your system meets the requirements for SketchUp.
- Reboot your system to ensure that SketchUp isn’t locked by another process.
- Make sure that there aren’t any applications running on your system that might conflict with SketchUp, such as anti-virus, firewall, or internet security software.