How do you create a surface from topo lines in Civil 3D?
To Add Contour Data to a Surface
- In Toolspace, on the Prospector tab, expand the surface Definition collection, right-click Contours, and click Add.
- In the Add Contour Data dialog box, enter the contour description in the Description field.
How do you make a surface in Civil 3D?
To begin creating the existing aerial surface in Civil 3D, change to the Prospector tab. Right-click on the Surfaces collection, and click Create Surface from the menu.
How do you make contour lines in Civil 3D?
To Add Contour Lines
- In Display Manager , right-click a surface layer, and select Create Contour Layer.
- In the Generate Contour dialog box, enter a name for the new Display Manager layer that will contain the contour lines.
How do I change the surface style in Civil 3D?
You can create and manage surface styles on the Settings tab in Toolspace.
- In Toolspace, on the Settings tab, right-click the Surface Styles collection and click New.
- In the Surface Style dialog box, click the Information tab and enter a name and description for the surface style.
What is contour in Civil 3D?
Contours are graphical illustrations of surface elevation changes. You can create a surface from contours drawn as 2D or 3D polylines where each unique polyline contains points that are all at the same elevation. … Contour data can be added only to TIN surfaces.
How do I extract a polyline from a surface?
1. With your surface open in Civil 3D, right-click the name of the surface in the Toolspace and select the Contours 1′ and 5′ (Background) Surface Style in the Surface Properties. 2. From the ribbon select Extract Objects and then extract the Major and Minor Contours.
How do you turn polylines into contours?
Create a surface, open the definition tab, add the polylines (that have valid elevations) to the surface as Contour data. Note that contour data alone is not a preferred way to define a surface as breakline, point data and boundaries are absent and likely played a role in creating those polylines you call contours.
How do you convert polylines to contour lines?
Converting Contour Objects
- On the command line, enter EXPLODE, select a contour, and then press ENTER.
- Enter LIST and select the same contour. …
- Press ESC and then close the text window.
- On the Terrain menu, click Contour Utilities, click Convert Polylines, and then select the contour polyline and press ENTER.