How do you draw a concentric circle in Solidworks?
Creating Dimensions Between Concentric Circles and Displaying Extension Lines
- In an open sketch, click Smart Dimension. (Dimensions/Relations toolbar) or Tools > Dimensions > Smart.
- Click the edge of one concentric circle, then click the edge of the second concentric circle.
- Click to place the dimension.
- Click .
How do you show tangent in Solidworks?
Other options for tangent edge display are in the Hide/Show Edges PropertyManager. You can set the color of tangent edges in Tools > Options > System Options > Colors . In Color scheme settings, select Drawings > Model Tangent Edges and set the color. The color applies to Tangent Edges Use Font only.
What is required for a tangent arc?
When an arc is tangent to a circle, its center must be the radius distance away from that circle.
How do I draw a line arc in Solidworks?
To autotransition between line and arc:
- Click Line (Sketch toolbar) or click Tools, Sketch Entities, Line and sketch a line.
- Click the endpoint of the line, then move the pointer away. …
- Move the pointer back to the endpoint, then away again. …
- Click to place the arc.
- Move the pointer away from the arc endpoint.
How do you draw a 3 point arc in Solidworks?
Creating a Three-Point Arc Slot
- In a sketch, click 3 Point Arc Slot (Sketch toolbar) or Tools > Sketch Entities > 3 Point Arc Slot .
- Click to specify the starting point of the arc.
- Move the pointer to specify the ending point of the arc and then click.
How do you hide a tangent line in Solidworks?
yeah this is something that other programs do very well, but solidworks for some reason has a difficult time with. the only other thing i would suggest would be if you right click on a drawing view, you can go to “tangent edge” and select “hide ends”. this will draw the tangent lines, but clip the edges off.