How do you make a hole wizard in SolidWorks?
You can use the Hole Wizard to create customized holes of various types. To create hole wizard holes, create a part and select a surface, click Hole Wizard (Features toolbar) or Insert > Features > Hole > Wizard, set the PropertyManager options, and click .
How do you make a hex nut?
Tutorial – Creating hex nut in SolidWorks?
- Start Solidworks in Part mode.
- Top Plane>>Sketch and make this sketch.
- Extrude it by 7mm.
- Click the upper face and then sketch.
- Choose normal to view.
- Make a circle tangent to the side of the polygon.
- Under features tab choose extrude cut.
the only difference what i could find is that the drill depth. Tapped hole have aproximately 2mm more drill depth when compared with bottoming tapped holes. Could you tell where bottoming tap must be used and where tapped hole must be used?
How do you use smart dimension hole Wizard?
To apply dimensions using DimXpert:
- In a drawing, click Smart Dimension. …
- In the PropertyManager, under Dimension Assist Tools, click DimXpert .
- Set options in the Dimension PropertyManager.
- In the PropertyManager, if you selected: …
- In the graphics area, select a manufacturing feature to dimension.
How do I add nuts in Solidworks?
To add nuts and washers at the end of a bolt:
- Under Series Components, select a component in Add to Bottom Stack. The component is added to Bottom Stack .
- Select more components as needed. Add washers first, and the nut last. The hardware appears in order from the bolted surface toward the end of the bolt.