How do I create a dimensioned drawing in Solidworks?
You can specify that dimensions marked for drawings be inserted automatically into new drawing views. Go to Tools > Options and in the Document Properties tab, click Detailing. Select Dimensions marked for drawing under Auto insert on view creation.
How do you show dimensions in Solidworks drawing?
In your FeatureManager Tree, right-click on the Annotations folder and select Show Feature Dimensions. This will make all the dimensions from the features appear around the part in the design space.
How do you make a technical drawing in Solidworks?
Creating a New Drawing
- Click New (Standard toolbar) or File > New.
- In the New SOLIDWORKS Document dialog box, select Drawing , then click OK.
- Select options for Sheet Format/Size, then click OK.
- In the Model View PropertyManager, select a model from Open documents or browse to a part or assembly file.
How do I change the size of a part in Solidworks?
To change a dimension: Double-click a dimension. The Modify dialog box appears. Change the dimension value with the arrows, thumbwheel , mouse wheel, or by typing in the dimension box.
How do you show dimensions?
For example, a dimension of a rectangular room on a blueprint, 14′ 11″ X 13′ 10″ equates to a room size of 14 feet, 11-inches wide by 13 feet, 10-inches long. Dimensions are expressed as width by length by height or depth in three-dimensional space.
How do you hide dimensions in Solidworks?
To do this, follow the steps below:
- Open the master drawing in SOLIDWORKS. …
- From the SOLIDWORKS Menu select Tools>Options.
- Select the Document Properties tab.
- Select Detailing from the categories on the left.
- Locate the Hide dangling dimensions and annotations option and check the box next to it.
How many entities can you choose to mate with an angle mate?
Click Mate (Assembly toolbar) or Insert > Mate. In the Mate PropertyManager, for Entities to Mate , select two entities in the graphics area or the flyout FeatureManager design tree. Under Standard Mates, click Angle and set the dimension.
How do you fix a dimension in Solidworks?
To set a fixed length:
- Select the spline to dimension.
- Click Smart Dimension (Dimensions/Relations toolbar) or Tools > Dimensions > Smart Dimensions.
- Click anywhere on the spline to place the dimension and click. …
- Drag an endpoint of the spline.
Is AutoCAD or SOLIDWORKS better?
AutoCAD is better suited for general-purpose 2D and 3D drafting, while Solidworks excels in developing sophisticated 3D models and simulations. … If you are looking for a general drafting software that can handle a vast range of needs across different industries, then the clear winner is AutoCAD.
Can SOLIDWORKS be used for 2D drawing?
You can draw 2D in SOLIDWORKS, however, it should be reserved for annotations. Ideally, you should use your 3D models to create 2D drawings. SOLIDWORKS drawings comprise at least one view generated from either a part or assembly. Keep in mind, you must save the part or assembly before creating its drawing.
When you click on a part or component of an assembly, the part number appears in the Property Tab. To create this note in a drawing sheet, in the Notes PropertyManager, under Text Format, click Link to Property . Then in the Link to Property dialog box, for Property name, select SW-BOM Part Number(BOM Part Number).