How do you add a weight in Solidworks?
To add mass properties:
- Enter a Property Name for the mass property.
- Select Text from the Type list.
- Under Value / Text Expression, select the appropriate mass property from the list. Mass properties use the following, system-generated format: …
- Press Tab or Enter. The value of the property appears under Evaluated Value.
How does solidworks calculate mass?
The mass properties of a part or assembly can be found by going to the evaluate tab and clicking on the icon labeled Mass Properties. The mass properties of a part/assembly can also be found by going to Tools>Evaluate>Mass Properties as shown below.
How do I see the weight of a part in Solidworks?
Select items (components or solid bodies) to be evaluated. If no component or solid body is selected, the mass properties for the entire assembly or part are reported. Click Mass Properties (Tools toolbar) or Tools > Evaluate > Mass Properties. The calculated mass properties appear in the dialog box.
Which choice is an example of sketched feature?
Sketched features require the use of a sketch in order to be created, and include features such as Extruded Boss/Cut, Revolved Boss/Cut and many others. Applied features do not require a sketch, and are applied directly to existing geometry. Shell and Fillet features fall into this category.
How can I calculate weight?
- Weight is a measure of the force of gravity pulling down on an object. It depends on the object’s mass and the acceleration due to gravity, which is 9.8 m/s2 on Earth.
- The formula for calculating weight is F = m × 9.8 m/s2, where F is the object’s weight in Newtons (N) and m is the object’s mass in kilograms.
How do I use the measure tool in Solidworks?
To use the measure tool: Click Measure (Tools toolbar) or Tools > Evaluate > Measure. While the Measure dialog box is open, you can switch among different documents without closing the dialog box. If you activate a document that has items already selected, the measurement information updates automatically.
How do I get material properties in Solidworks?
Document Properties – Material Properties
- In a part document, click Options or Tools > Options.
- On the Document Properties tab, click Material Properties.
- Type the material density in the Density box. …
- Under Area Hatch/Fill, select from the following: …
- If you select Hatch, do the following: …
- Click OK.
What are the key features of Solidworks?
Key Features of SOLIDWORKS Standard Include
- 3D Solid Modeling. Create and edit 3D part and assembly models and create 2D drawings that automatically update with design changes. …
- Weldments. Quickly design welded structures composed of structural members, plates and gussets. …
- 2D Drawings.
How do you modify completed feature?
To edit the definition of a feature:
- Do one of the following: Select a feature in the FeatureManager design tree or the graphics area. Click Edit > Definition. …
- Edit the definition in the dialog box by specifying new values or options.
- Click OK to accept the changes.
How do I make Solidworks fully defined?
To fully define a sketch:
- Edit a sketch.
- Click Fully Define Sketch. (Dimensions/Relations toolbar) or Tools > Dimensions > Fully Define Sketch.
- Set the options for relations and dimensions in the Fully Define Sketch PropertyManager.
- Click .