How do I add equipment in Revit?
In the Project Browser, open a view where you want to place the mechanical equipment. Click Systems tab Mechanical panel Mechanical Equipment, and in the Type Selector, select a particular equipment type. On the ribbon, verify that Tag on Placement is selected to tag the equipment automatically.
How do I add materials in Revit 2021?
- Click Modify tab Geometry panel (Paint).
- In the Material Browser dialog, select a material. Note that you can only browse for a material when you select the paint tool.
- Place the cursor on the element face to highlight it. …
- Click to apply the paint.
- In the Material Browser dialog, click Done.
How do I add elements to design options?
In the drawing area, select one or more elements, and press Ctrl+X (Cut). See Selecting Elements in Design Options and the Main Model and Selecting Elements. Click Manage tab Design Options panel. From the drop-down list, select the design option to which you want to add the elements.
How do you add materials and finishes in Revit?
Apply a Material by Family
- Click Modify | <element> tab Properties panel (Family Types).
- In the Family Types dialog, under Materials and Finishes, locate the parameter for the object.
- Click in the Value column for the parameter.
- Click .
- In the Material Browser, select a material, and click Apply.
- Click OK.
How do you create a mechanical plan in Revit?
Create a Plan View
- Click View tab Create panel Plan Views drop-down, and then click. (Floor Plan) …
- In the New Plan dialog: For Type, select a view type from the list, or click Edit Type to modify an existing view type or create a new view type. …
- Click OK.
How do I add materials to a Revit library?
Load the material library into your Revit project.
Open the Material Browser within Revit, and click the Material Library window icon at the top of the selection box. This opens up the material library browser. Now, click the file icon at the bottom of the window to select a material library file to load.
Where is Revit material library located?
To share a material library that you created with other users, make the ADSKLIB file available to those users by sending it to them. The ADSKLIB library file is typically located here by default: C:Program Files (x86)Common FilesAutodesk SharedMaterials2019.
How do you create a library in Revit?
To create a material library
Open the Material Browser: click Manage tab Settings panel (Materials). On the Material Browser toolbar, in the lower left corner of the browser, click the menu Create New Library. A window opens, prompting you to specify the file name and location.
How do I accept design options in Revit?
In the Design Options dialog, select the design option set that includes the desired option. If the desired option is secondary, select the design option in the list, and click Make Primary to promote it to the primary option. Under Option Set, click Accept Primary to incorporate the primary option into the main model.
How do I select a design option in Revit?
Click Manage tab -> Design Options panel -> Pick to Edit, and select an element contained in the design option. Revit Architecture determines the design option to which the selected element belongs, and makes that design option active for editing.