How do you find the scale in AutoCAD?
To Check the Scale of a Scale Area or Viewport (AutoCAD Mechanical Toolset)
- Click View tab Viewports panel Scale Monitor. Find. The Scale Monitor dialog box is displayed.
- In the drawing area, move the cursor over the scale area (or a viewport ) and check the Scale Monitor dialog box.
- Press ENTER to exit this command.
How do I scale to a specific size in AutoCAD?
To Scale an Object by Reference
- Click Drafting tab > Modify panel > Scale.
- Select the object to scale.
- Select the base point.
- Enter r (Reference).
- Select the first and second reference points, or enter a value for the reference length.
What is AutoCAD scale?
AutoCAD scales the distance between objects as well as the objects themselves. For example, if you select a circle to scale, pick a point outside the circle as the base point and then specify a scale factor of 2.
How do you figure out what scale a drawing is?
The scale is shown as the length in the drawing, then a colon (“:”), then the matching length on the real thing. Example: this drawing has a scale of “1:10”, so anything drawn with the size of “1” would have a size of “10” in the real world, so a measurement of 150mm on the drawing would be 1500mm on the real horse.
How do you scale an object?
Hold both the Shift ⇧ and Option ⌥ keys while resizing to scale the object proportionally from the center of its bounding box. Tip: Use the S keyboard shortcut to quickly select the Scale tool. Objects can be scaled numerically using the Tool Options bar.
How do I resize text in AutoCAD?
Click Drafting tab > Text panel > Style. In the Text Style dialog box, select the text style to modify, and enter the text height (in drawing units) in the Height box.
What are the shortcut keys in AutoCAD?
Shortcut Keys Reference
|ALT+F11||Displays the Visual Basic Editor (AutoCAD only)|
|CTRL+F2||Displays the Text window|
|CTRL+F4||Closes the current drawing|
|CTRL+F6||Moves to the next file tab|