How do I calculate volume in AutoCAD 3D?
To determine the volume of a solid object, use the MASSPROP (Mass Properties) command.
- Enter massprop on the command line.
- Select the solid object.
- Press ENTER.
How is cut and fill volume calculated in Civil 3D?
- In command line type “COMPUTEMATERIALS”.
- Select the alignment and sample line group to sample, then click “OK”.
- Change “Quantity takeoff criteria” to “Cut and Fill” or other desired criteria.
- Map the sampled surfaces to the correct object names, then click “OK”.
How is 3D area calculated in Civil 3D?
- Select the required surface.
- Select Surface Properties (from the ribbon, Prospector or right mouse button)
- Select the Statistics tab.
- Open the ‘Extended’ group.
- The 2D and 3D surface area are displayed as shown.
How many types of object property exist AutoCAD?
Every object has general properties including its layer, color, linetype, linetype scale, lineweight, transparency, and plot style. In addition, objects have properties that are specific to their type. For example, the special properties of a circle include its radius and area.
How do I create a volume report in Civil 3D?
To Generate a Volume Report From the Volumes Dashboard
- Click Analyze tab Volumes and Materials panel Volumes Dashboard Find.
- In the Volumes Dashboard, select the volume surfaces and bounded areas you want to include in the report so they have a check mark next to them.
- Click Generate Cut/Fill Report.
How do you find the area of a sloped surface?
Multiply the hypotenuse by the length of the roof. The result is the surface area of the sloping roof. For example, if the sloping surface is 11.18 feet wide, and the roof is 30 feet long, the sloping area is 335.4 square feet — 11.18 x 30 = 335.4.