How do you undo a feature in Solidworks?
Undo and Redo
- Click Undo on the Standard toolbar.
- Click Edit > Undo.
- Press Ctrl+Z.
How do I convert assembly to part in Solidworks?
To save an assembly as a part, we use the File > Save As command. After . sldprt file type is selected, three options appear in the Save As dialog: Exterior faces – saved part includes external faces only, all bodies being surfaces.
How would you temporarily remove a feature from a model SolidWorks?
Do one of the following:
- Click next to a face, feature, body, part, or component (assemblies only). The appearance is removed. If all appearances are deleted, the default appearance is used.
- Click Remove all part appearances from model-name . The default appearance is used instead.
Can you save a SOLIDWORKS assembly as a step file?
You can set the export options when you export SOLIDWORKS part or assembly documents as STEP files. To set the STEP export options: Click File > Save As. Select a STEP file type for Save as type, then click Options.
How do I merge two bodies in a SOLIDWORKS assembly?
To add bodies together:
- Click Combine. (Features toolbar) or Insert > Features > Combine.
- In the PropertyManager, under Operation Type, select Add.
- For Bodies to Combine, select the bodies to combine. You can select bodies in the graphics area or the Solid Bodies. …
- Click Show Preview to preview the feature.
- Click .
What is suppress solidworks?
When you suppress a feature, it is removed from the model (but not deleted). The feature disappears from the model view and is shown in gray in the FeatureManager design tree. If the feature has child features, the child features are also suppressed.
How do you suppress a feature in Inventor drawing?
Suppress or Unsuppress Sketched or Placed Features
- To suppress a feature, right-click it in the browser or graphics window and choose Suppress Feature. …
- To edit or modify a value, right-click on a suppressed constraint in the browser and select Edit or Modify.
What is suppress in Creo?
Suppressing features is like removing them from regeneration temporarily. However, you can unsuppress (resume) suppressed features at any time. You can suppress features on a part to simplify the part model and decrease regeneration time.
How do you hide appearance in Solidworks?
Click in the Hide/Show column for the component to hide or show the component. The active display state. Click or right-click the component, and select Hide Components or Show Components .
How do you delete all appearances in Solidworks?
To remove all appearance overrides in the assembly, left-click in the Appearance column, next to the assembly name. Select Remove All Component Appearances. If you would like to remove all Appearances from all levels of this assembly, choose Remove All Appearances. Note: This will remove Appearances at all file levels.
Does solidworks load suppressed components?
You can use the suppressed state to remove a component temporarily from the assembly, without deleting it. The SOLIDWORKS software does not load the component into memory, and the component is not a functional member of the assembly. You cannot see a suppressed component, or select any of its entities.