How do I flatten something in Solidworks?
To flatten a surface: In an open part, click Flatten (Surfaces toolbar) or Insert > Surface > Flatten.
How do you unfold sheet metal in Solidworks?
- In a sheet metal part, click Unfold. on the Sheet Metal toolbar, or click Insert > Sheet Metal > Unfold.
- In the graphics area, select a face that does not move as a result of the feature for Fixed face. . …
- Select one or more bends as the Bends to unfold. …
- Click .
How do you unfold sheet metal?
To unfold a single bend of a sheet metal part,
- Click Sheet Metal and then, in the Modify Sheet group, click Fold/Unfold. …
- Click the Bend you want to unfold.
- Click the Base Face for this bend. …
- Optionally, click Preview for a first visual impression of the partial flat.
How do you show a fold line in Solidworks drawings?
Toggling the Visibility of Bend Lines
- In the FeatureManager design tree, expand Drawing View to show the Flat-Pattern feature.
- Expand the Flat-Pattern feature, right-click Bend-Lines and select Show or Hide.
How do you heat metal to bend it?
You can make simple bends in iron and steel using nothing more than a torch to heat and soften the metal. With a soapstone pencil, mark a line across the stock to indicate the center of the bend. Clamp the stock in a vise. Light the torch and adjust it to a neutral flame.
What is a lofted bend?
Lofted bends in sheet metal parts use two open-profile sketches that are connected by a loft. Begin with two open profile sketches. … Use Lofted Bends to create a solid feature. Lofted bend is complete.