How do I import an image into Chief Architect?
To import a picture of a floor plan
- Launch Chief Architect and open a New Plan .
- From the menu, select File> Import> Import Picture to open the Import Picture File dialog. Browse to the picture file that you would like to import, click on its name to select it, then click the Open button.
Can you import plans into Chief Architect?
It’s possible to import . pdf files in to Chief Architect X5 and newer programs in plan views, cross section/elevation views, CAD Details, and layout files. Importing large, or multiple PDF files into a plan or layout file can result in program slowness.
What files can Chief Architect import?
There are a number of file types that can be imported into or exported from a Chief Architect plan file; 2D CAD files, images, PDF files, and 3D symbols can all be imported into a plan file. Similarly, 2D CAD versions, high res images, and 3D models of your plan can all be exported.
What tool do you use to change an item’s material Chief Architect?
The Adjust Material Definition tool is useful for quickly changing plan materials directly from a 3D view, however, changing a materials definition with this tool affects all objects in the current plan that are using that material.
How do I change the color of a material in chief architect?
- Create a Camera view looking at the material that you’d like to blend with a color.
- From the menu, select 3D> Material Painter> Material Painter .
- In the Select Material dialog that displays, search for and locate an appropriate color material, then click OK.
Is Chief Architect compatible with AutoCAD?
Converting a Chief Architect plan file into either a two- or three-dimensional AutoCAD® compatible . dwg or . dxf file can be done easily using the export functions. Line drawings, such as Plan view , elevation views, and CAD Details can be exported to .
How do I add a tree in Chief Architect?
Right-click on the User Catalog and select New> Plant Image. On the Image panel of the Plant Image Specification dialog that displays, click the Browse button. Locate the plant image you would like to use on your computer, select it, then click Open.
How do I convert a PDF to Chief Architect?
- Select File> Print> Print . …
- In the dialog that opens, use the Destination Name drop-down menu to choose Chief Architect Save As PDF.
- Choose your desired options and click the Save As PDF button located under the preview image.
How do I export from Chief Architect?
To export a 3D Viewer model file to the Chief Architect Cloud
- Open the plan you would like to export a 3D Viewer model file from, navigate to 3D> Create Perspective View> Full Camera , then click and drag to create a camera view. …
- With the camera view open, select File> Export> Export Chief Architect 3D Viewer File .
To send a plan in its entirety
- Launch Chief Architect and Open the plan or *layout that you want to send to the person who will be viewing the file. …
- Select File> Backup Entire Plan/Project and in the dialog that displays: …
- Browse to an easy to find location, such as your Desktop, then click Save.
Can chief architect import Revit files?
It would be much like a giant symbol in Chief, you could explore it, but it wouldn’t be very intuitive to work with. It would also have to be exported from Revit in a 3D file type that Chief can import. Otherwise, it would have to be run through a file convertor or possibly through Sketchup.
How do you import a PDF?
You can import a PDF file to a document using Word’s Paste function.
- Open the PDF you will import.
- Click the camera icon in the PDF’s toolbar.
- Right-click any location on the PDF.
- Open the document you will import the PDF to.