How do I set configurations in Solidworks?
- Pause the pointer over a part or assembly template to display the configurations option.
- Click . …
- Click Add Configuration, type a configuration name, and click OK.
- Click to add instances of a configuration to the assembly.
How do you add a configuration in Solidworks 2020?
To create a configuration manually:
- In either a part or assembly document, click the ConfigurationManager tab at the top of the FeatureManager design tree.
- In the ConfigurationManager, right-click the part or assembly name and select Add Configuration.
How do I create a new configuration in Solidworks assembly?
Special Assembly Configurations
- Click File > Open.
- Browse to the desired assembly document, select Advanced under Configurations, and click Open.
- In the Configure Document dialog box, select one of the following: Option. Description. …
- Type a new Configuration name, and click OK. The assembly opens in the new configuration.
How do I change the configuration name in Solidworks?
To rename or delete a configuration, right-click the configuration Name and select Rename or Delete.
How do you save a configuration in Solidworks?
To save as a copy with a subset of configuration:
- Open a model, right-click a configuration in the ConfigurationManager, and click Save Configurations.
- In the Save Configurations as a new Assembly/Part dialog box, select a configuration. …
- Click Save Selected.
- In the Save As dialog box, click Save.
How do you hide components in configuration in Solidworks?
Showing or Hiding Components in all Drawing Views
- In the assembly, create an assembly configuration.
- In the graphics area or the FeatureManager design tree, right-click a component and click Hide Components or Show Components .
What does a laptop need to run solidworks?
A graphics memory is needed for running the graphics applications on your laptop. If it’s a SolidWorks-based software developing an application, you need 8-16GB+ memory in your laptop. Apart from it, you need a space of 16GB+ memory space in your hard drive for storing those applications.
What is solidworks configuration?
Configurations allow you to create multiple variations of a part or assembly model within a single document. Configurations provide a convenient way to develop and manage families of models with different dimensions, components, or other parameters.
How do you use equations in Solidworks?
Adding a Sketch Equation
- Click Equations (Tools toolbar).
- Click Tools > Equations.
- Right-click the Equations folder in the FeatureManager design tree, and select Manage Equations.
How much is solidworks sell?
The basic SOLIDWORKS price has not changed since it was first released in 1996. One license of SOLIDWORKS Standard is $3,995. The Annual Subscription service for a standard license, which covers technical support, upgrades, and more for one year, is $1,295.
Which type of mate Cannot be applied between two edges?
Which type of mate cannot be applied between two edges? The Perpendicular Mate will let you create angle mates of 90, 180, 270, or 360 degrees between selected entities. After making a Perpendicular Mate, moving one face will change the angle from 90 degrees.