Where are AutoCAD settings stored?
Location of the Configuration File (AutoCAD only)
- In the Application Preferences dialog box, Application tab, click the arrow to the left of Help and Miscellaneous File Names.
- Click the arrow to the left of Configuration File. The location and name of the configuration file is displayed.
How do I save my settings in AutoCAD?
To get AutoCAD to correctly keep its settings, do one or more of the following: On the command line in AutoCAD, enter the WSSETTINGS command and select Automatically save Workspace changes.
How do I get my AutoCAD settings back?
AutoCAD for Windows
- Windows 10: Start > AutoCAD 20xx > Reset Settings To Default.
- Windows 7: Start > All Programs > Autodesk > AutoCAD 20xx > Reset Settings To Default.
How do I manually transfer settings in AutoCAD?
- Press WINDOWS-R on the keyboard to bring up the Run window, enter REGEDIT and click OK.
- Find the following registry key: …
- Right-click the ‘ACAD-xxxx:40x’ folder and choose Export.
- Enter a file name of your choice, choose a location to save the file, and then click Save.
- Close the Registry Editor.
How do I change settings in AutoCAD?
How to select options and specify preferences for general drawing settings.
- Click Application button > Options.
- In the Options dialog box, click a tab and set options as desired.
- Save the settings: To save the settings and keep working in the dialog box, click Apply.
How do I change the default save location in AutoCAD?
Do the following:
- Right-click the AutoCAD shortcut icon located on the desktop and click Properties. …
- In the Start in field, enter the desired folder path (example: C:Drawings).
- Launch AutoCAD.
- Type REMEMBERFOLDERS in the command line.
- Enter 0 to turn it off.
How do I reset the ribbon in AutoCAD 2018?
To Reset the Ribbon and the Quick Access Toolbar
- Right-click anywhere inside the ribbon.
- Click Restore Default Ribbon.
At the top-left of the application window, on the right end of the Quick Access toolbar, click the drop-down menu Show Menu Bar. At the Command prompt, enter MENUBAR. Enter 1 to display the menu bar.
How do I reset AutoCAD 2016 to default settings?
Select the Windows start icon and move to the Autodesk – AutoCAD 2016 folder and select Reset Settings to default as shown. After you select Reset Settings to default you will be prompted to backup the settings or continue.
How do I save AutoCAD workspace to desktop?
In the left panel, click the workspace that is being transferred. Drag it from the left side of the Workspaces tree, to the right side of the workspaces tree. Repeat step 3 for any other workspaces that are to be transferred. Save the resulting CUI file by clicking the floppy disk icon.
How do I transfer Autodesk to another device?
Open the file from your Dropbox folder.
- Insert SD or Micro SD card into your Android device. …
- In SketchBook, save your image to the Gallery. …
- From the Gallery options select Export PSD. …
- From the Android Share Sheet, select Save to device and save the PSD file to your SD or Micro SD card.
What is CUI file in AutoCAD?
The Customize User Interface (CUI) Editor allows you to modify many of the user interface elements that are used to start a command in the program. Customizing the user interface allows you to change the placement of the tools that you commonly use, and to add new tools that can improve your productivity.