Where are SOLIDWORKS design Tables stored?
Design Tables can be accessed from the Insert pull-down in SOLIDWORKS, under Tables.
How do you save a design table in SOLIDWORKS?
To save a design table:
- In a document with a design table, do one of the following: Select Design Table in the ConfigurationManager, then click File > Save As. Right-click Design Table in the ConfigurationManager and select Save Table. …
- Type a File name, then click Save. The design table is saved as an Excel file (*.
How do I open a design table in SOLIDWORKS?
Select design table settings when you insert a design table. To open this PropertyManager: In a part or assembly document, click Design Table (Tools toolbar) or Insert > Tables > Design Table.
How do you create a design table in SOLIDWORKS?
You can select design table settings when you insert a design table. The Dimensions dialog box appears after you select the Auto-create option in the Design Table PropertyManager and click OK. The SOLIDWORKS software asks you which dimensions you want to add to the design table.
What SOLIDWORKS file type should you be in to access design tables?
When you use design tables in the SOLIDWORKS software, it is important to format the tables properly. When you select Auto-create or Blank in the Design Table PropertyManager, the SOLIDWORKS software automatically creates the Excel file.
To do this, start by going to the configuration tab, right click on design table, and click edit design table. Click on the cell to the right of the last dimension. Go to the part tree, click on the sketch and then click on the dimension that needs to be added to the design table.
What can you do with a design table in Solidworks?
A design table allows you to build multiple configurations of parts or assemblies by specifying parameters in an embedded Microsoft Excel worksheet. The design table is saved in the model document and is not linked to the original Excel file. Changes you make in the model are not reflected in the original Excel file.
How do you suppress a feature in Solidworks design table?
To suppress individual features in the Feature Properties dialog box: Right-click the feature you want to suppress in the FeatureManager design tree and select Feature Properties. In the dialog box, select Suppressed, and then select This Configuration, All Configurations, or Specify Configuration(s).
How do I edit a design table in Solidworks?
Editing a Design Table
- In the ConfigurationManager, right-click Design Table and click Edit Table or Edit Table in New Window. The worksheet appears in the window. …
- Edit the table. …
- Click outside of the table to close it. …
- If you receive a confirmation message that the design table generated new configurations, click OK.
How do I create a design table in Solidworks 2020?
To insert the design table into a drawing:
- In a drawing of the part or assembly, select a drawing view.
- Click Insert > Tables > Design Table. The design table appears, and you can drag it into place on the sheet.
How do you create a design table?
Create a table with Table Design
- Select Create > Table Design.
- In the new table, for the first field, enter a field name and a data type.
- To set the primary key for the table, select the Field Name cell for the appropriate field and then select Primary Key. …
- Select File > Save, and name the table.
What is the advantage of creating a design table?
What is the advantage of creating a design table? Saves time and effort in creating objects with similar shapes, but different dimensions.