How do you set dimension standards in SolidWorks?
In the application, you can change these settings for individual documents and for your document templates.
- Unit system for individual documents, go to Tools > Options > Document Properties > Units.
- Dimension standard for individual documents, go to Tools > Options > Document Properties > Detailing.
How do I increase dimensions in Solidworks?
- Double-click a dimension. The Modify dialog box appears.
- Change the dimension value with the arrows, thumbwheel , mouse wheel, or by typing in the dimension box. …
- Choose from: …
- Use the buttons as follows:
What are basic dimensions GD&T?
Basic dimension: A basic dimension is a numerical value used to describe the theoretically exact size, profile, orientation, or location of a feature or datum target. Basic dimensions are used to define or position tolerance zones. And its usually toleranced with gage-makers’ tolerances. …
How does solidworks measure 3D dimensions?
Using the Measure Tool
- Click Measure (Tools toolbar) or Tools > Evaluate > Measure. …
- Optionally set the options to define the unit of measure (Units/Precision ), show XYZ measurements (Show XYZ Measurements ), define the coordinate system (XYZ Relative To ), or project the measurement onto another entity (Projected On ).
How do you use smart dimension in Solidworks?
To add a dimension to a sketch or drawing:
- Click Smart Dimension. on the Dimensions/Relations toolbar, or click Tools > Dimensions > Smart. …
- Select the items to dimension, as shown in the table below. You can undo previous selections by pressing Esc. …
- Click to place the dimension. To dimension the…
How do I change Units in SolidWorks 2019?
To set units options:
- Click Simulation > Options. …
- Under Unit system, select SI (International System of Units), English (U.S. Customary Unit System), or Metric (gravitational system of units).
- Under Units, select the desired units for Length/Displacement, Temperature, Angular velocity, and Pressure/Stress.
- Click OK.