How do you relinquish files in Revit?
Start Revit and close any open project. Click the File tab > Options. On the General category of the Options dialog box, enter the username of the user whose workset you want to relinquish in the Username box.
How do you relinquish and sync in Revit?
Relinquish Ownership without Synchronize with Central
- With the local model open, click Collaborate tab Synchronize panel (Relinquish All Mine). Revit checks for any changes that require synchronizing with central: …
- Click Close to close the dialog, if one displays.
How do you change ownership in Revit?
Start Revit and close any open project. Click the File tab > Options.
- Create a new local file (using the newly changed username).
- Synchronize the new local file with the central model.
- Use the Relinquish All Mine command (on the Collaborate Ribbon Tab).
- Close the local model.
How do you kick someone out of Revit?
Click Collaborate tab Manage Models panel (Manage Cloud Models). Select a BIM 360 project. Select a model, click (Actions), and click Relinquish. Select the user for whom you want to relinquish elements, and click Relinquish.
How do I quit Revit without saving?
Do Not Save the Project
This option rolls back the state of your local model to the last time you saved it and displays the Close Project Without Saving dialog. You have the following options: Click Relinquish all elements and worksets to let others gain access to both modified and unmodified elements and worksets.
What is Revit worksharing monitor?
Worksharing Monitor tracks and displays file access information for the Revit workshared projects that you currently have open. Save Changes Using the Synchronize with Central Operation.
How do I remove a Revit model from Central?
- Click File tab Open.
- Select a workshared model.
- In the Open dialog, select Detach from Central.
- Click Open. The default file name for the model is the original filename with “_detached” appended. …
- In the task dialog, specify whether to preserve or discard worksets. …
- Save the model.
How do you delete unused elements in Revit?
Go to “Manage” tab > “Purge Unused” (under Settings panel), select “Check All” to automatically purge unnecessary model elements. Also, remove unused Links. Got to “Manage” > “Manage Links” (under Manage Project panel). Click through the tabs to remove all the links (AutoCAD and Revit Links) from the file.
Unload linked models to temporarily remove them from the project.
- Click Manage tab Manage Project panel (Manage Links).
- In the Manage Links dialog, click the relevant tab.
- Select the linked model.
- To unload the selected model, click Unload.
What does detach from central mean in Revit?
When you tick Detach from Central it create a copy of the original Central File. This copy, when saved, is still another worksharing central file, independent from the original.
What is a Revit central model?
Enabling worksharing involves creating a master project model, known as a central model, from an existing model. The central model stores the current ownership information for all worksets and elements in the project, and acts as the distribution point for all changes made to the model.
How do I open the central model in Revit?
To navigate to a central model that is connected to the Revit Server:
- In the Open dialog, in the left pane, select (Revit Server Network).
- Double-click the Revit Server Network folder.
- Select the Revit Server that hosts the central model.
- Select the central model.
How can you turn a temporary dimension into a permanent dimension?
You can convert temporary dimensions to permanent dimensions so they always appear in a drawing.
- Select an element in the drawing area.
- Click the dimension symbol that appears near the temporary dimension.
In what views will detail lines show in a model?
Detail lines are visible only in the view in which they are drawn. Often they are drawn over the model view. You can convert detail lines to model lines.