How do I add components to SolidWorks?
To insert several components at once: Do one of the following to open the PropertyManager: Create a new assembly document by clicking New (Standard toolbar) or File > New. In an existing assembly, click Insert Components (Assembly toolbar) or Insert > Component > Existing Part/Assembly.
Can you have two solidworks windows open?
If you have multiple displays, you can set the SolidWorks application window to span two displays. In the SolidWorks application, each part, assembly, and drawing is referred to as a document, and each document is displayed in a separate window.
How do I add another part to assembly?
To create a part within an assembly:
- Click New Part (Assembly toolbar) or Insert > Component > New Part.
- For externally saved parts, type a name for the new part in the Save As dialog box and click Save.
- Select a plane or planar face (while the pointer is ).
How do I Cascade Windows in SOLIDWORKS?
To cascade document windows: Click Window > Cascade. Search ‘Cascade’ in the SOLIDWORKS Knowledge Base.
How do I switch between windows in SOLIDWORKS?
Ctrl+Tab. This shortcut is used to switch between open documents inside of SOLIDWORKS and works with drawings, assemblies and parts. Think Ctrl+ Alt + Tab in Windows, just for SOLIDWORKS.
How do you tile in SOLIDWORKS?
When you Alt + click a Tile button, the document window and the SOLIDWORKS window are resized and repositioned. If multiple displays are connected, the SOLIDWORKS window spans two displays. If only one display is connected, the SOLIDWORKS window is maximized.
How do you make a subassembly flexible?
To make a subassembly flexible:
- Click a subassembly in the FeatureManager design tree and select Component Properties .
- In the dialog box, under Solve as, select Flexible, then click OK. Flexible is not available for lightweight subassemblies.
Can an assembly contain both parts and assemblies?
You can build complex assemblies consisting of many components, which can be parts or other assemblies, called sub-assemblies. For most operations, the behavior of components is the same for both types. Adding a component to an assembly creates a link between the assembly and the component.
How do you draw an assembly in SolidWorks?
To create a drawing from within a part or assembly document:
- Click Make Drawing from Part/Assembly (Standard toolbar or New flyout menu).
- Select options for Sheet Format/Size, then click OK.
- Drag views from the View Palette into the drawing sheet, and set options in the PropertyManager.