How do you create a volume surface in Civil 3D?
To create a new volume surface in the Volumes Dashboard
- Click Analyze tab Volumes and Materials panel Volumes Dashboard Find.
- In the Volumes Dashboard, click Create New Volume Surface.
- Use the Create Surface dialog box to set up the volume surface and click OK.
What is volume surface in Civil 3D?
If you have two or more surfaces in Civil 3D, you can create a volume surface. A volume surface gathers information and analyzes the volume between one surface and another comparison surface. … To create the volume surface, choose Create Surfaces in the Home tab.
How do you create a comparison surface in Civil 3D?
Enter the surface name or click to open the Select Comparison Surface dialog box where you can select the surface in the list. Note: Select a surface in the drawing by clicking and following the instructions at the command line. Click OK to create the surface.
How do you get cut and fill volume in Civil 3D?
- In command line type “COMPUTEMATERIALS”.
- Select the alignment and sample line group to sample, then click “OK”.
- Change “Quantity takeoff criteria” to “Cut and Fill” or other desired criteria.
- Map the sampled surfaces to the correct object names, then click “OK”.
How do you make a surface volume?
Create a Volume Surface
- Right Click on Surfaces in Prospector, or select surfaces > Create Surface from the Home tab of the ribbon.
- Specify the Surface Type, for this we will use a TON Volume Surface.
- Name your surface and set a style. …
- Set your Base Surface to Existing Ground.
How do you check volume in Civil 3D?
To calculate volumes in Civil 3D 2014: After creating your ground surface and your graded surface, click the Analyze Tab → Volumes and Material Panel (as shown above).
How do you cut a surface in Civil 3D?
Trim a Surface
- Click Surface tab Create panel Trim. Find.
- Select the surface and press Enter.
- Select the cutting curves and press Enter.
- Select the surface areas to remove and press Enter. The selected areas are remove d.
How do you calculate stockpile volume in Civil 3D?
Use the points that define the toe of slope around the stockpile to create a base surface to compare your stockpile surface against. Open the Volumes Dashboard under the Analyze tab on the ribbon and create a volume surface using your two surfaces. The fill readout would be your stockpile volume.
What is cut and fill factor?
The cut factor is used to adjust the volume of excavated material to account for the amount you expect the material to swell when it is excavated. The fill factor is used to account for the additional volume of material that would be required due to the compaction of the soil when it is placed.
Which is a surface label type?
This type of surface label style… A slope on a surface. The slope can be from a single point as it resides on a TIN face or surface grid cell, or between two points. A random point location with an elevation anywhere within a surface.
How do you use volumes in dashboard Civil 3d?
Click Recompute Volumes, or right-click the surface in the Volumes Dashboard and click Rebuild to update the volumes. Displays the amount of material that has to be added for the base surface to equal the comparison surface. If a Fill Factor is specified, it is applied.
How do you draw a surface in Civil 3D lines?
- Run the LINEWORKSHRINKWRAP command and select all 3D Faces from which the surface needs to be created. …
- From Home ribbon, Create Ground Data click on Surfaces > Create Surface.
- In Create Surface dialog name the surface, select Style, rendering material and click OK.