Open a sheet metal part. In the FeatureManager® design tree, right-click Material and click Edit Material.
Linking Materials and Sheet Metal Parameters
- Under Custom Materials select a material.
- On the Sheet Metal tab, set options. …
- Click Apply and Close.
How do you select metal in Solidworks?
To access the sheet metal toolbar in SOLIDWORKS:
- Right click on the tabs in the CommandManager.
- Select Sheet Metal from the list.
Where is Sheet Metal option in Solidworks?
With a part, assembly, or drawing open, click Tools > Options > Document Properties > Sheet Metal.
How do I add materials to BOM solidworks?
To insert a bill of materials:
- With a drawing view selected, click Insert > Tables > Excel Based Bill of Materials.
- In the dialog box, select an Excel template for the BOM and click Open. …
- In the Bill of Materials Properties dialog box, select properties from the Configuration, Contents, and Control tabs.
- Click OK.
Is SOLIDWORKS good for sheet metal?
SOLIDWORKS 3D Design gives you the flexibility to produce sheet metal part designs quickly and cost effectively, the sheet metal feature speeds up the design process whilst reducing time and development cost and increasing productivity.
Does SOLIDWORKS have sheet metal?
Within SOLIDWORKS there is a tool tab called ‘Sheet Metal’ that allows you to design from scratch or convert a 3D part to sheet metal and flatten your design for manufacturing.
Does sheet metal come with SOLIDWORKS?
SOLIDWORKS includes sheet metal-specific features so you can create a part as sheet metal without having to convert it to sheet metal. Search ‘Design a Sheet Metal Part from the Flattened State’ in the SOLIDWORKS Knowledge Base.
Where is base flange in Solidworks?
Click Base Flange/Tab on the Sheet Metal toolbar, or click Insert > Sheet Metal > Base Flange. The controls on the Base Flange PropertyManager update according to your sketch.
How do you flatten Sheet Metal in SolidWorks?
To flatten a body, do one:
- In the FeatureManager design tree, select the part and click Flatten (Sheet Metal toolbar).
- In the cut list, right-click the body and click Flatten .
- In either the FeatureManager design tree or the cut list, right-click the Flat-Pattern feature for the part and click Unsuppress .