Why can’t I mate solidworks?
This is generally caused by editing, suppressing, or deleting a part feature, or replacing a part with another part that is missing the mated feature. Suppressing an entire part does not cause this error. If a similar entity is available, edit the mate and select the new entity, or use Replace Mated Entities.
How do you Unfix something in Solidworks?
To fix or float an assembly component:
- Right-click the component in the graphics area or the component’s name in the FeatureManager design tree.
- Select Fix or Float.
- In assemblies with multiple configurations, select This Configuration, All Configurations, or Specified Configurations.
How do you fix external references in Solidworks?
Replacing Broken References
- Select a file with a broken reference.
- Click Tools > Update References . …
- Select a reference to replace and click Edit > Replace File.
- In the Replace File dialog box, browse to the file that will replace the broken reference.
- Click Open.
How do you flip a mate in Solidworks?
To flip the alignment of width mates:
- Open an assembly that contains a width mate.
- In the FeatureManager design tree, expand Mates .
- Right-click Width and click Flip Mate Alignment.
How do you fix a broken mate in Solidworks?
To resolve the mate error
You can then reassign the face (use the Isolate button to assist). When you click OK, you’ll then be presented a dialog box where you can select “Yes, replace all other missing mate references“. And voila!
How do I use GrabCAD in SolidWorks?
Getting started with GrabCAD Workbench for SolidWorks®
- Enable Workbench add-in. Open the Add-Ins panel in SolidWorks® and enable GrabCAD Workbench.
- Open the Task Pane and Sign in. Open the SolidWorks® Task Pane, select the GrabCAD tab and sign in to your GrabCAD account.
- Link your files to your projects.
How do you unlock the camera in SolidWorks?
To unlock the camera view, do one of the following:
- In the DisplayManager, under Scene, Lights, and Cameras, expand the Camera folder, right-click the camera and clear Lock Camera.
- In the Camera PropertyManager, clear Lock camera position except when editing.
Can we apply the fixed angle mate between two curves?
Click Mate (Assembly toolbar) or Insert > Mate. In the Mate PropertyManager, if you use a single entity curve in Step 1: Under Mate Selections, click Entities to Mate , and select the curve and a point on the assembly. Select Coincident for the mate type.
Why is part fixed in SolidWorks assembly?
It is recommended that at least one assembly component is either fixed, or mated to the assembly planes or origin. This gives a frame of reference for all other mates, and helps prevent unexpected movement of components when mates are added. A fixed component has a (f) before its name in the FeatureManager design tree.
How do you remove broken external references in SolidWorks?
To lock, unlock, or break external references in the External References dialog box:
- In the FeatureManager design tree: …
- Click External References. …
- To modify external references, select the external references and click Break Selected, Lock Selected, or Unlock Selected. …
- Click OK.
How do I move a SolidWorks file without breaking references?
Right click on a part of a SolidWorks part file and open the SolidWork context menu. Select rename or move from the SolidWorks context menu. Move the file or rename the file in the prompt which appears after selecting the option you want.