How do I edit a BOM in Solidworks?
Bill of Materials – Edit Text
- Double-click the BOM, or right-click the BOM and select Edit. While the bill of materials is active, it is displayed with row and column headers. …
- Edit the worksheet as needed, using Excel functions. You can perform these kinds of edits: …
- Click outside the worksheet to return to the drawing.
How do you expand a BOM in Solidworks?
Click the side expansion arrows at the left side of the BOM to display the assembly structure. Click Collapse located to the left of a subassembly in the BOM assembly structure column. The subassembly display collapses in the BOM. To expand a collapsed assembly in an indented assembly BOM, click Expand .
How do you organize BOM in Solidworks?
Saving Sort Settings as a BOM Property
- Right-click a BOM table in an assembly or drawing.
- Set sort criteria for the table. For example, right-click a table column and click Sort.
- Under Sort Save, click Save current sort settings.
- Click OK. The current sort settings are saved as a BOM property.
How do I move a row in Solidworks bom?
To move multiple table rows:
- From an open table, press Ctrl and select rows to move in unison.
- Release Ctrl and click Group/ungroup selected rows .
- Drag the group of rows in the table.
- Click Group/ungroup selected rows to release the group.
What is top level BOM?
The resulting top-level BOM (item number) would include children; a mix of finished sub-assemblies, various parts and raw materials. A multi-level structure can be illustrated by a tree with several levels.
How do I export a solidworks BOM file to Excel?
To save a bill of materials as an Excel file:
- Click the bill of materials on the drawing sheet.
- Click File > Save As.
- Enter a file name, and click Save.
How do I change the order of a bill of materials in Solidworks?
By changing the order in the assembly, you can control the order in the bill of materials. To change the order of components: Drag and drop the icons in the FeatureManager design tree to rearrange the order. The component is placed below the icon where you drop it (the highlighted icon).
What is indented BOM solidworks?
Use indented assembly BOMs to display subassembly hierarchy. Setting Item Numbers in Indented BOMs. You can select flat numbering, detailed numbering, or no numbers for subassembly items in indented BOMs.
How do you use bill of materials in Solidworks?
To create a BOM directly from a part or assembly:
- With the part or assembly open, select Insert > Tables > Bill of Materials.
- Set the BOM properties in the Bill of Materials PropertyManager and click . To create a parts-only BOM, select Parts only for BOM Type. …
- Click the graphics area to place the BOM.