How do you use smart dimension hole Wizard?
To apply dimensions using DimXpert:
- In a drawing, click Smart Dimension. …
- In the PropertyManager, under Dimension Assist Tools, click DimXpert .
- Set options in the Dimension PropertyManager.
- In the PropertyManager, if you selected: …
- In the graphics area, select a manufacturing feature to dimension.
the only difference what i could find is that the drill depth. Tapped hole have aproximately 2mm more drill depth when compared with bottoming tapped holes. Could you tell where bottoming tap must be used and where tapped hole must be used?
How do you add screws in Solidworks 2020?
Smart Fasteners automatically add fasteners to your assembly if there is a hole, hole series, or pattern of holes, that is sized to accept standard hardware.
Enable the SOLIDWORKS Toolbox Library to use Smart Fasteners:
- Click Tools > Add-ins.
- Select SOLIDWORKS Toolbox Library.
- Click OK.
How do I turn on hole wizard?
To access the Hole Wizard/Toolbox options:
- Click Options on the Standard toolbar, or click Tools > Options.
- On the System Options tab, click Hole Wizard/Toolbox.
How do you make a dowel hole in Solidworks?
To insert the dowel hole:
- Click Hole Wizard. (Features toolbar).
- In the Type tab of the PropertyManager: Under Hole Type, click Hole . In Type, select Dowels. Set the remaining options as needed.
- Click .
Which tool would you use to cut a hole through the object?
A hole may be drilled or bored; awls, gimlets, and augers also produce holes. An awl is the simplest hole maker, for, like a needle, it simply pushes material to one side without removing it. Drills, gimlets, and augers, however, have cutting edges that detach material to leave a hole.
How do you change the hole Wizard in Solidworks?
Click Options on the Standard toolbar, or click Tools > Options. On the System Options tab, click Hole Wizard/Toolbox. Browse to the Hole Wizard and Toolbox folder location.