How do I translate in Solidworks?
Click in Translation Reference and do one of the following:
- Select an edge in the graphics area to define the translation direction.
- Set a value for Distance . Type a negative number to switch the translation direction.
How do I move a view in Solidworks without a mouse?
Click Rotate View or View > Modify > Rotate; select a vertex, edge, or face; then drag the pointer. Middle-click a vertex, edge, or face; then middle-drag the pointer.
How do I change the view in Solidworks?
Changing the Orientation of the Standard Model Views
- Do one of the following: Use the Rotate, Zoom, and Pan tools to orient the model. Click View Selector and select a view. …
- Click Update Standard Views .
- When prompted, select the standard view you want to assign the current view to.
- Click Yes to confirm the update.
How do I move the camera freely in SolidWorks?
You can move the camera relative to the look-at point. You can also change the look-at point. The look-at point is the point in 3D space that the camera focuses on, rotates around, and zooms toward.
Using the Camera.
|Pan||Ctrl + middle-click and drag to move the camera and focal point together.|
How do you rotate an object 90 degrees in SolidWorks?
Click Rotate View (View toolbar) or View > Modify > Rotate then drag the pointer . Drag with the middle mouse button. Press the arrow keys. Hold down Shift to rotate in 90° increments.
How do you move freely in SolidWorks?
Using a Triad to Move a Component
- Drag the center ball to drag the triad freely.
- Alt + drag the center ball or an arm and drop it on an edge or face to align the triad with the edge or face.
- Right-click the center ball and select Align to, Align with Component Origin, or Align with Assembly Origin.
How do I change Trimetric view in SOLIDWORKS?
Click Tools > Customize and select or clear Use Large Tooltips to enable or disable the view previews. flyout button in the Orientation dialog box to select axonometric (isometric, dimetric, or trimetric) views and to set which type of axonometric view is displayed when you select a View Selector corner.
Where is the view toolbar in SolidWorks?
You can also show or hide the Heads-Up View toolbar by selecting or clearing View > Toolbars > View (Heads-Up). Search ‘Heads-up View Toolbar’ in the SOLIDWORKS Knowledge Base.
How do you use recenter in SolidWorks?
Profile Center Mate
- In an assembly document with two rectangular or cylindrical profiles, click Mate .
- In the PropertyManager, under Advanced Mates, click Profile Center .
- For Entities to Mate, select the edges or faces that you want to center-align.
- In the PropertyManager, you can optionally: