How do I copy a detail from one Revit file to another?
Go to the file you want to copy from, highlight the objects to copy and type “Ctrl-C” (that is, hold down the Ctrl key and type “C”). Then open the file you want to paste that element into and type “Ctrl-V.”
Link One Model to Another
- Open an existing model or start a new model. You will link another model into this model.
- Click Insert tab Link panel (Link Revit).
- In the Import/Link RVT dialog, select the model to link. …
- For Positioning, specify the desired option. …
- Click Open.
Can you export a drafting view in Revit?
You can save drafting views to an external Revit project for use in another Revit project. … This creates a new Revit project file that contains the selected view and the contents of that view.
Products and versions covered. Revit 2021. Aug 24 2021In-product view. Link models when individual buildings on a campus or different parts of a large building reside in separate project files, or when each discipline works in its own edition of a building model.
How do I export a Revit view?
Export Part of a 3D View
- In the Project Browser, right-click the 3D view to export, and click Duplicate View Duplicate. The duplicate view displays in the drawing area. …
- Rename the duplicate view: in the Project Browser, right-click the duplicate view, and click Rename. Enter a new name, and click OK.
How do I export information from Revit?
Export Revit Data to a Database
- On the Link Revit Model with Database dialog, select MS Access.
- Select a recently used connection, or click Select a new connection to create a new connection. If you selected Select a new connection, the Select database dialog displays. Browse to the desired location. …
- Click Export.
Use the Bind Link tool to select the elements and datum from a linked model to convert to a group.