How do I view properties in SolidWorks?
To view and edit the Drawing View Properties:
- Do one of the following: Right-click in a drawing view and select Properties. From a drawing view PropertyManager, click More Properties.
- Edit properties and click OK.
- Click Update View (Drawing toolbar) or Rebuild. (Standard toolbar).
How do I assign a mass in SolidWorks?
Assign values for mass, center of mass, and moments of inertia to override the calculated values. To open this dialog box: Click Tools > Evaluate > Mass Properties and then, in the Mass Properties dialog box, click Override Mass Properties.
How do you apply properties in Solidworks?
To add custom properties:
- Click in the first blank cell under Property Name, then type a name or choose one from the list.
- Select a Type from the list. …
- Under Value / Text Expression, enter a value for the custom property that is compatible with the selection in the Type cell. …
- Press Tab or Enter.
How do I change properties in Solidworks?
To change a document property:
- In the Document Information dialog box, or in SOLIDWORKS Explorer, select the Properties tab.
- Right-click a property and select Change. You cannot change properties such as Revision or Status that are controlled by Workgroup PDM processes.
- Edit the text in the Value box and click OK.
How do I change the properties of a mass in Solidworks?
Click Options, make changes in the Mass/Section Property Options dialog box, and click OK. Click Override Mass Properties, assign values in the Override Mass Properties dialog box, and click OK.
Is mass and weight the same in Solidworks?
This mass properties button is in the same location in an assembly file. However, it’s the weight of the entire assembly that is calculated when the mass properties are calculated in an assembly.
How do you override mass in Solidworks?
Click Tools > Evaluate > Mass Properties and then, in the Mass Properties dialog box, click Override Mass Properties.
What is the properties of mass?
The mass properties of a mechanism are its density, volume, mass, center of gravity, and moment of inertia. You can set values for mass, center of gravity, and inertia.
Can you calculate volume in Solidworks?
In the FeatureManager design tree, select Intersect. Then in the CommandManager, on the Evaluate tab, click Mass Properties. The Mass Properties dialog box lists the calculated volume for the Intersect body.
How does solidworks calculate mass?
The mass properties of a part or assembly can be found by going to the evaluate tab and clicking on the icon labeled Mass Properties. The mass properties of a part/assembly can also be found by going to Tools>Evaluate>Mass Properties as shown below.
Is weight greater than mass?
Usually, the relationship between mass and weight on Earth is highly proportional; objects that are a hundred times more massive than a one-liter bottle of soda almost always weigh a hundred times more—approximately 1,000 newtons, which is the weight one would expect on Earth from an object with a mass slightly greater …