How do you break a feature line in Civil 3D?
To Break a Feature Line
- Click Modify tab Edit Geometry panel Break Find.
- Select the feature line to break:
- Specify the second break point. Note: if you enter the @ character at the prompt for the second break point, it uses the first point location, creating a break without a gap.
How do you fillet in Civil 3D?
The steps are listed below:
- Select the Fillet command from the ribbon panel. Or. …
- Type M or Multiple on the command line.
- Press Enter.
- Select the first object.
- Type R or Radius on the command line.
- Press Enter.
- Specify the fillet radius. For example, 1.
- Press Enter.
What is a feature line in Civil 3D?
Feature lines are 3D objects which can be used as grading footprints, surface breaklines, and as corridor baselines. About the Feature Lines Collection (Prospector Tab) Use the Feature Lines collection in the Prospector tree to manage feature line styles and layers.
How do you remove a curve from a feature line in Civil 3D?
To Edit Feature Line Curves
- Click Modify tab Edit Geometry panel Edit Curve Find.
- Select the curve to edit. The curve is highlighted, and the points are displayed.
- In the Edit Feature Line Curve dialog box, edit the curve. …
- Use the Maintain Tangency option to control the curve tangency state.
How do you set a line priority feature?
To control the feature line style priority
Click the Options tab. The feature line styles are shown from highest to lowest priority. Select the Filter Unused Styles check box to show only used styles. You can drag and drop styles in the list or use the up/down arrows to specify priority.
What is the use of Pan command?
Shifts the view without changing the viewing direction or magnification. Position the cursor at the start location and press the left mouse button down. Drag the cursor to the new location.
How is fillet pronounced in CAD?
English speaking person from England here to let you know that we pronounce fillet as “FILL-IT” whether we are referring to a rounded edge or a cut of chicken.
How do you create a grade between two feature lines?
When those two feature lines are added to a surface the slope will be calculated automatically when it triangulates between them. The only other thing you could do is delete one of them and use a grading object to create the second FL.
How do you grade a surface in Civil 3d?
On the Grading Creation Tools toolbar, click Select a Criteria Set. In the Select A Criteria Set dialog box, ensure that Basic Set is selected. Click OK. From the Select a Grading Criteria list, select Grade To Surface .
How do I change the appearance line elevations?
You can change elevations and grades, also insert, move, and delete elevation points. Click Modify tab Edit Elevations panel Edit Elevations Find. Select the feature line or other object. To select the vertex or elevation point to edit, press Enter without entering a value.
How do you remove multiple vertices in Civil 3D?
The simplest way of deleting an existing vertex is to Select the Polyline, and then point the cursor at the vertex you want to remove. Then wait for a second and AutoCAD will give you an option to stretch, add or remove the vertex. At that point you just have to click on remove and the vertex will be gone.
How do you simplify curves in AutoCAD?
Simplifying Polygons and Polylines
- Select the polygon and/or polyline to simplify.
- Select Modify > Drafting Aids > Simplify Polys.
- Set the parameters and click OK to simplify the polygon/polyline.