How do you dimension a line in AutoCAD?
Create a Linear Dimension with Angled Extension Lines
- Click Annotate tab Dimensions panel Linear. Find.
- Specify the first and second extension line origin.
- At the prompt, enter r (Rotated).
- Enter an angle for the dimension line.
- Click to place the dimension line.
What are ordinate dimensions?
Ordinate dimensioning is used when the X and the Y coordinates, from one location, are the only dimensions necessary. … Ordinate dimensions appearance is also different. Each dimension has only one leader line and a numerical value. Ordinate dimensions do not have extension lines or arrows.
What are the rules of dimensioning?
Rule 1) Dimensions should be arranged for maximum readability.
- The spacing between dimension lines should be uniform throughout the drawing.
- Do not dimension inside an object or have the dimension line touch the object unless clearness is gained.
What is the use of explode command in Autocad?
Breaks a compound object into its component objects. Explodes a compound object when you want to modify its components separately. Objects that can be exploded include blocks, polylines, and regions, among others.
What are the AutoCAD commands?
|Ctrl+A||Select all objects|
|Ctrl+Shift+C||Copy to clipboard with base point|
|Ctrl+Shift+V||Paste data as block|
|Ctrl+Z||Undo last action|
How many dimension commands are there in AutoCAD?
Three dimensioning commands can help you place multiple dimensions very quickly in AutoCAD.