How do you cut a surface in Revit?
Family instances inside of the massing editor.
- Create two adjacent solid forms. In this example, the solid form being cut has a divided surface to better show how the cut relationship works. …
- Click Modify tab Geometry panel (Cut).
- Select the solid form to be cut.
- Select the cutting solid form. The solids cut accordingly.
How do you cut a slab in Revit?
Cut an Opening in a Floor, Roof, or Ceiling
- Click By Face or Vertical. Where is it? Architecture tab Opening panel. Structure tab Opening panel. …
- If you chose By Face, select a face in the floor, ceiling, or roof. If you chose Vertical, select the entire element. Selected face for opening by face. …
- Click Finish Opening.
How do you cut multiples in Revit?
Click Modify tab Geometry panel Cut drop-down (Cut Geometry) and select the void you created. Notice the cursor changes shape. Select the geometry you created in Step 3. Note: Select Multiple Cut on the options bar to select more than one element to be cut by the void.
How do I create a slab opening in Revit?
Add an Opening in a Structural Floor
- On the ribbon, click Opening By Face. Where is it? …
- Select a structural floor.
- Using the sketch tools on the Modify | Create Opening Boundary tab Draw panel, sketch the structural floor opening.
- When finished, click Modify | Create Opening Boundary tab Mode panel Finish Edit Mode.
How do you extrude a slab in Revit?
Start with Structure > Component > Model in Place and select Floors or Structural Foundations as the category as you see fit. 5. Click on the Create > Extrusion tool.
How do you make a void family in Revit?
Create a Void Family with an Elliptic Profile
- Create a new family using the Metric Generic Model face based. …
- Select the 3D Front view.
- Click Create tab Datum panel (Reference Plane).
- Place a new horizontal reference plane in the middle of the slab extrusion:
- Select the new reference plane.
- In the Properties palette:
How do you cut a void wall in Revit?
- Edit the in place wall.
- Create a new void extrusion that will define the opening.
- Use the “Cut” tool and select the void geometry.
- Finish the solid edition.
How do you extrude a profile in Revit?
Create an Extrusion
- In the Family Editor, on the Create tab Forms panel, do one of the following: …
- Use the sketching tools to sketch the extrusion profile: …
- On the Properties palette, specify the extrusion properties: …
- Click Modify | Create Extrusion tab Mode panel (Finish Edit Mode). …
- To view the extrusion, open a 3D view.
Where is the Create tab in Revit?
The Create Tab is only visible when working with Family Editor tools. You must be editing a family in order to have access to the tools on the Create Tab.
- On the ribbon, click (Model In-Place). …
- In the Family Category and Parameters dialog, select the family category, and click OK.