How do I create a view group in Revit?
How to Group in Revit
- In a project view, select the desired elements or existing groups you want in the group.
- Click Modify | Multi-Select tabCreate panel (Create Group). …
- In the Create Group dialog, enter a name for the group. …
- If you want to open the group in the group editor, select Open in Group Editor. …
- Click OK.
How do I create a list in Revit?
Create a Sheet List
- In a project, click View tab Create panel Schedules drop-down (Sheet List).
- On the Fields tab of the Sheet List Properties dialog, select the fields to include in the sheet list.
- (Optional) To create user-defined fields, click Add Parameter.
How do you create a view property in Revit?
Create a View Type
- Open a view for which you want to create a view type, or click the view name in the Project Browser.
- In the Properties palette, click Edit Type.
- In the Type Properties dialog, click Duplicate.
- Enter a name for the new view type and click OK.
How do I create a view filter in Revit?
Apply a Filter
- Open the view.
- Click View tab Graphics panel (Visibility/Graphics), and click the Filters tab.
- Click Add. …
- Select a filter, and click OK. …
- On the Filters tab, do the following: …
- Click Apply (to apply the filter to the view and keep the dialog open) or OK (to apply the filter and close the dialog).
How do I create a category in Revit?
On the Model Objects tab of the Object Styles dialog, under Category, select the family category. Under Modify Subcategories, click New. In the New Subcategory dialog, for Name, enter a new name. Revit automatically selects the appropriate category in the Subcategory of list.
What is project parameters in Revit?
Project parameters are containers for information you define and then add to multiple categories of elements in a project. Project parameters are specific to the project and cannot be shared with other projects. You can then use those project parameters in multi-category or single-category schedules.
How do I order a sheet list in Revit?
Organize a Sheet List
- On the Fields tab of the Sheet List Properties dialog, click Add Parameter.
- In the Parameter Properties dialog, under Parameter Type, select Project parameter.
- Under Parameter Data, for Name, enter Sheet Order.
- Click OK.
How do I view a sheet list in Revit?
In a project, click View tab Create panel Schedules drop-down (Sheet List). On the Fields tab of the Sheet List Properties dialog, select the fields to include in the sheet list.
How do you organize a sheet list in Revit?
On the Sorting/Grouping tab, select to sort by the Designed By field and then the Sheet Number. This sorting logic will group the sheets by discipline and then in ascending numerical order. Select Header and Blank line to separate the sections of the sheet list. Complete the Designed By field.
How do I add more views in Revit?
Add another view to your project or duplicate an existing view.
- Click View tab Create panel Plan Views drop-down, and then click. (Floor Plan) …
- In the New Plan dialog: For Type, select a view type from the list, or click Edit Type to modify an existing view type or create a new view type. …
- Click OK.
What is the Revit family file format?
The Revit Family File is stored in the RFA format and is affixed with the RFA extension, and is used by Revit. These RFA files are generally classified as data files that contain one or more 3D models that can be imported into a three dimensional scene and were created and saved using the Revit Family Editor.
What tool is used to create an in place family in Revit?
Use the Family Editor tools to create the in-place element.