How do you draw a line segment in Solidworks?
Click Tools > Sketch Tools > Segment . In the PropertyManager: Set the Number of Instances . Select Sketch points or Sketch segments.
What is projected curve solidworks?
You can project a sketched curve onto a model face to create a 3D curve. You can also create a 3D curve that represents the intersection of two extruded surfaces generated by creating sketches on two intersecting planes. You can also use 3D sketches as input for the Projected Curve tool. …
What does split line mean?
The Split Line. tool projects an entity (sketch, solid, surface, face, plane, or surface spline) to surfaces, or curved or planar faces. It divides a selected face into multiple separate faces.
Can you split a surface in SolidWorks?
You can split surfaces with the Split tool. You can also split a combination of surfaces and solid bodies. To split a surface: Open install_dir sampleswhatsnewpartssplit.
How do you cut a circle in Solidworks?
To trim with the Power trim option:
- Right-click the sketch and select Edit Sketch.
- Click Trim Entities. …
- In the PropertyManager, under Options, select Power trim .
- Click in the graphics area next to the first entity, and drag across the sketch entity to trim.
Why do we use project curve tool?
The Project Curve feature is more like the Split Line than the Wrap feature. It can do everything the Split Line feature with one exception; it gives up the ability to split faces in favor of being able to use open contour sketches that are within the boundary of a face.
How do I convert entities in Solidworks?
To convert an entity:
- In an open sketch, click a model edge, loop, face, curve, external sketch contour, set of edges, or set of curves. You can also click an entity after clicking the Convert Entities. …
- Click Convert Entities. …
- In the PropertyManager, click Select chain to convert all contiguous sketch entities. …
- Click .
How do you project a curved surface?
Correcting Image Shape with Curved Surface
- Turn on the projector and display an image. …
- Press the Menu button.
- Select the Settings menu and press Enter.
- Select the Geometric Correction setting and press Enter.
- Select the Curved Surface setting and press Enter. …
- Select the Correct Shape setting and press Enter.