How do I transfer files from BIM 360?
Copy a file or folder
- Hover over the file or folder you want to copy.
- Click the drop-down button > Copy .
- Select the Project and the folder you want to move the content into.
- Click Copy.
Where are BIM 360 local files stored?
BIM 360 Design local files: C:Users%username%AppDataLocalAutodeskRevitAutodesk Revit 2019CollaborationCache. This is where the “Local” file is saved for a BIM 360 Design project.
How do I get BIM 360 in Revit 2020?
Starting with Revit 2020, there is a new way for BIM 360 Design users to initiate workshared cloud models.
- Create a new Revit model or open an existing model.
- Use the Collaborate tab to enable worksets.
- Save the workshared file to BIM 360 Document Management by selecting “Save As > Cloud Model” in the File menu.
How do I access files on BIM 360?
With Desktop Connector for BIM 360, you can navigate and open files locally that are stored in the Document Management module.
Navigate Accounts and Projects
- Open File Explorer.
- Click the BIM 360 data source.
- Open the account you wish to access.
- Locate and open a project.
- Browse the project folders as desired.
How does BIM 360 work?
- Step 1 – Create a Project. Select the Projects tab on the toolbar (Item 1, below). Click the Add button to start a new project. …
- Step 2 – Activate Service. Click the Activate button for the desired BIM 360 service. Assign a project administrator.
How do you add drawings to a BIM 360 Field?
- Click on Library > Upload.
- Click Upload Folders and Files. Alternatively, click the Upload drop down and click Folders.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to import folders containing files using the BIM 360 File Importer.
How do I backup my BIM 360?
Open BIM 360 in a web browser, navigate to the folder where you want to save the backup copy, and drag and drop the file into the web browser. In Windows Explorer, navigate to the BIM360 local location, copy file to the desired backup folder, and Desktop Connector will push to BIM 360.
Does BIM 360 save a local file?
Other project members will have access to open and edit this file. All changes will be saved back to that file on the cloud. The local file will still be saved on your computer. Your model is saved to your BIM 360 project on the cloud.
How do I restore from BIM 360?
To recover a project directly in BIM 360 Team
- Open BIM 360 Team and sign in.
- On the Projects page, select the filter Archived.
- Hover over the project row.
- Click Restore from the drop-down menu. The project will now be available under all relevant filters.