How do you lock something in Revit?
Open the Revit Server Administrator. In the tree control, select the item, and click (lock). Note: If you use the command-line utility to apply a lock, the lock icon displays after a refresh operation, and information about the model in use displays in the right pane.
How do you lock a grid in Revit?
Lock Columns to a Grid
- Select the columns to lock to the grid.
- On the Properties palette, under the Constraints section, select the following: Vertical Columns: Moves with Grids. …
- Click Apply. Locked vertical columns may still be moved and modified but they will proportionately move with the grid if it is repositioned.
How do you isolate a group in Revit?
In order to Isolate an Element or Category do the same: Group >Edit Group >in Group Editor select the entity you want to Isolate and from View Control Bar click on Temporary Hide/Isolate >click on the element from the group you want to isolate> Finish -exit from Group Editor.
How do you manage groups in Revit?
Add or Remove Elements in a Group
- In the drawing area, select the group to modify. …
- Click Modify | Model Groups tab or Modify | Attached Detail Groups tab Group panel (Edit Group). …
- On the Edit Group panel, click (Add) to add elements to the group, or click (Remove) to remove elements from the group.
Can you lock an image in Revit?
Revit LT displays a pushpin control near the element to indicate that it is pinned in place. To move or delete the element, you must first unlock it by clicking the pushpin control. Click the pushpin again to lock the element.
How do I lock a sheet view?
Lock the Position of a View on a Sheet
- Open the sheet.
- Select the view to lock in place on the sheet.
- Click Modify | Viewports tab Modify panel (Pin).
- The pin icon displays on the view, indicating that it is locked in place.
How do I make a group unique in Revit?
Then, right-click to display a context menu, and choose Make Unique. Alternatively, you could simply select the group and then use the keyboard shortcut M, U. As soon as you do, the objects become unique. When you hover the cursor over these elements, you can see that they are still groups.
Can you group items in Revit?
Use the group editor to create a group, and add existing or new elements to the group. Click Architecture tab Model panel Model Group drop-down (Create Group). In the Create Group dialog, enter a name for the group. Select the type of group to create (model or detail), and click OK.