How do I transfer files to Onshape?
Option 2: Import into an existing document
Open the Onshape document into which you want to import files. Click (Insert new element icon) at the bottom of the window. Select Import… from the menu. Select one or more files to import and click Open.
Can you import STL files into Onshape?
Onshape can import STL and use them as reference geometry which is a great feature for 3d scans that are not perfect geometry to start with.
Can you download Onshape?
Because Onshape is the only professional-grade 3D CAD and data management system that runs completely in the cloud and can be accessed from anywhere on any device. It even runs on iOS and Android tablets and phones via dedicated mobile apps available from the Apple App Store and Google Play Store.
What programs can open STEP files?
Programs that open STEP files
- Autodesk Fusion 360. Dassault Systemes SolidWorks. IMSI TurboCAD Pro. ideaMK STP Viewer. Dassault Systemes CATIA. …
- Autodesk Fusion 360. IMSI TurboCAD Deluxe. FreeCAD.
- Linux. Dassault Systemes CATIA. LKSoft IDA-STEP. FreeCAD.
- Web. eMachineShop Free Online STEP File Viewer. Wikifactory. ShareCAD.org.
Can Onshape import Sketchup?
There are scripts you can install in Sketchup that will allow you to export files that can be imported into Onshape. @Panos_Seoolas Please understand that sketchup is a polyhedral modeler. Everything from sketchup will be a mesh inside OS or any other geometric based CAD system.
How do I make an Onshape STL file?
To export a Part Studio containing a single part or multiple parts:
- Select the overflow menu in the Part Studio or Assembly tab:
- Tap Export.
- Enter a file name for the export file.
- Specify a format: Parasolid, ACIS, IGES, SOLIDWORKS, Collada, GLTF, OBJ, Rhino, STL. …
- Select an option:
What is a Parasolid file?
Parasolid files are used by the geometric modeling kernel currently owned by Siemens and used in CAD, CAD exchange, CAM, CAE, and product visualization. … Most Parasolid files migrate 3D solids and/or surface data.
Can Onshape open OBJ files?
Onshape enables you to import three faceted file formats: STL, OBJ and Parasolid Mesh for visualization and referencing. … You can view and reference meshes, but you can not edit them.
How do I import a file?
If you have existing files, you can import and convert them to Docs, Sheets, or Slides.
- Go to Drive.
- Click New. File Upload.
- Choose the file you want to import from your computer to add it to Drive.
- In the Upload complete window, click Show file location .
- Right-click the file and select Open with.