How do I import a Maya camera into Blender?
In the option dialog,under filter export tab I make sure that Cameras is ticked on. I also check both XFov and YFov under the Camera Options tab. I hit export. Now in Blender 2.5 I open the scene I saved earlier with my animated objects and import the Collada file.
Can I export from Maya to Blender?
Okay, now to the things you need, there is two main ways to export your animation from Maya to Blender via Alembic, the first one, the easy one, is to export the entire scene to alembic, which many would recommend and for most simpler rigs it will suffice… … So now we’re ready to export.
How do I export a camera in Maya?
- Select the camera you want to export.
- In the Camera menu, click Export. …
- From the Export Type box, select FBX.
- Set the FBX Scale and Export Options, as needed.
- Navigate to the location where you want to export the camera animation.
- Enter a name for your exported camera in the file field.
- Click Save.
Can Blender Open Maya files?
Import the current file to blender, export it to a . fbx or . obj file, or another compatible Maya file. Then take the file you exported and import it into Maya.
How do I convert Maya to FBX?
Export an FBX file from Maya
- Launch Maya.
- Select File > Export All, or File > Export Selection. …
- Select FBX from File of Type menu. …
- Enter a name for the FBX file you want to export.
- The FBX Export options appear at the right of the Maya Export dialog box.
How do I import FBX camera into nuke?
Select 3D > Camera to insert a Camera node in the place where you want to add the camera in your script. In the Camera controls, check read from file. When this is checked, the controls on the File tab are enabled, and you can use them to read in a camera from an . fbx file.