How do I change a mesh to a solid in AutoCAD?
To Convert a Mesh Object to a 3D Solid
- Click Mesh tab Convert Mesh panel Convert Options drop-down.
- Specify one of the following conversion options: Smooth, optimized. …
- Click Mesh Modeling tab Convert Mesh panel Convert to Solid.
- Select a mesh object that has no gaps or intersecting faces.
How do you edit a mesh in AutoCAD?
Use Grip Editing with Mesh
- Subobject selection and editing. Select faces, edges, and vertices the same way you select 3D solid subobjects. Press and hold Ctrl while selecting a subobject. …
- Gizmo editing. When you select a mesh object or subobject, the 3D Move, Rotate, or Scale gizmo is displayed automatically.
How do I simplify mesh in AutoCAD?
Reduce a mesh by a given percentage (fraction)
- Choose Mesh > Mesh Cleanup > Mesh Reduce . …
- In the option window, set Mode to Fraction.
- Adjust the Reduction % slider to reflect the percentage of triangles you want to keep in the mesh.
- Select the mesh to reduce.
- Click the Reduce button.
How do I delete unwanted objects in AutoCAD?
To Erase an Object
- Click Home tab Modify panel Erase. Find.
- At the Select Objects prompt, use a selection method to select the objects to be erased or enter an option: Enter L (Last) to erase the last object drawn. Enter p (Previous) to erase the last selection set. …
- Press Enter to end the command.
How do you convert solid to mesh?
To convert 3D Face objects into a single mesh object follow the steps:
- Use the Convert to Surface command (CONVTOSSURFACE) to convert the 3D faces into surfaces.
- Use the UNION command to join the surfaces together.
- Use the Smooth Object command (MESHSMOOTH) to create a mesh from the resulting surface.
How do you edit a mesh?
Edit a mesh object by doing any of the following:
- To add a mesh point, select the Mesh tool and select a fill color for the new mesh points. …
- To delete a mesh point, Alt‑click (Windows) or Option-click (Mac OS) the mesh point with the Mesh tool.
- To move a mesh point, drag it with the Mesh tool or Direct Selection tool.
What are the solid editing tools?
Commands for Editing 3D Solids and Surfaces
- EXTRUDE (Command)
- OFFSETEDGE (Command)
- PRESSPULL (Command)
- SLICE (Command)
- SOLIDEDIT (Command)
How do I make a mesh in AutoCAD?
You can create mesh objects using the following methods:
- Create mesh primitives. Create standard shapes, such as a box, cone, cylinder, pyramid, sphere, wedge, and torus (MESH).
- Create mesh from other objects. …
- Convert from other object types. …
- Create custom meshes (legacy).
How can I reduce my mesh number?
In the Modeling menu set, select Mesh > Reduce > . Set the reduction percentage, target number of vertices, or target number of triangles and turn on Keep original, then click Reduce.
Reduce the number of faces in a mesh.
|Reduce the number of faces in a mesh.||Select the faces you want to reduce, then choose Mesh > Reduce > .|