How do you add a background mask to text in Autocad?
How do you add a background in AutoCAD?
To Change the Background and Other Color Settings
- Click Application button > Options.
- In the Options dialog box, Display tab, click Colors.
- In the Drawing Window Colors dialog box, select the context and the interface element that you want to change.
- On the Color list, select the color that you want to use.
How do you mask a block in AutoCAD?
To Add a Mask Block
- If you have created your own mask block definition, create a tool from it.
- If you are working with an existing mask block tool, open the palette it is located on. …
- Select the mask block tool on the palette.
- Specify the insertion point of the mask block. …
- Continue adding mask blocks, and press Enter.
How do you apply a background mask?
Double-click the text to begin editing the text. Then, in the Style panel of the Text Editor contextual ribbon, click the Background Mask button. The program displays the Background Mask dialog. Select the Use background mask checkbox to turn on a background mask.
What is text mask in AutoCAD?
TEXTMASK hides objects by creating a mask object behind selected text or mtext. … The mask object is offset from the text by a specified value. Text objects are grouped together with the mask objects so that they moved, copied, and erased together.
Why AutoCAD background is black?
Click Application button Options. In the Drawing Window Colors dialog box, select the context and the interface element that you want to change. … On the Color list, select the color that you want to use.
What is the default AutoCAD background color?
The default background color of the drawing area is a medium gray, which is optimum for displaying objects with different colors. Nevertheless, some people prefer a white or a black background color depending on their tasks and preferences.
What is the best background color for AutoCAD?
The answer is to use a ‘nearly black’ gray background. For example a red-green-blue triplet of 70,70,70 is about optimum. The nearest colour index on the ACAD wheel is 251. For most types of drawing you should be able to work all day without getting tired eyes.
How do you mask attributes in AutoCAD?
You can – you have to select “Multiple lines” in Attribute Definition window (ATTDEF command). Than after you enter Tag and Prompt values, click on […] box for Default. Next, specify location of attribute and select Background Mask from options icon at Text Formatting toolbar.
How do I mask attribute text in AutoCAD?
How to use background mask for block attibutes?
- Check the option “Multiple lines” and click the button “…” …
- AutoCAD displays a simple text editor. …
- From the context menu select the function “Background mask” and set its parameters.
- Finish the definition of the attribute (already masked) and save your block definition.
How do you use wipeout in AutoCAD?
First, you either type the command *wi* or select wipeout under the *draw* drop-down. Specify the boundary of the area to be wiped out by clicking and moving your cursor. Click *enter* to wipe out. You can also make specify a wipeout boundary using a poly-line.
How do you mask behind a block?
Move the Wipeout to the back in the Block definition with DRAWORDER, then Save the changes to the Block definition. Any Mleaders already in the drawing can be moved to the front with Draworder, also, so their Wipeouts will mask what’s behind them; new ones will be on top of everything else.
How do you mask the background in Civil 3d?
- In the Label Style Composer dialog box, click the Layout tab.
- Select a Text or Referenced Text component from the Component Name list.
- Under Border, change the Background Mask property to True.
- Configure the other Borders settings to adjust the mask and border size and shape.