How do I lock a dimension in Solidworks?
To lock a dimension:
- In an open sketch, click Smart Dimension. …
- Click the items to dimension.
- Move the pointer. …
- Right-click to lock. …
- Move the pointer around until the dimension is correctly located.
- Click to place the dimension.
- Set the value in the Modify box and click .
How do you fix a driven dimension in Solidworks?
There are two common ways to fix over defining dimensions. Delete the over defining dimension in the graphics area. Right-click the over defining dimension in the graphics area and select Properties. Select Driven, then click OK.
How do you move dimensions in Solidworks?
To move or copy dimensions from one view to another view: Hold the Shift key (to move) or the Ctrl key (to copy) as you drag the dimensions into another view. Use this method to create multiple driving dimensions.
How do I change dimension position in Solidworks?
- Click Options on the Standard toolbar, or click Tools > Options.
- On the Document Properties tab, expand Dimensions.
- Click a dimension type, for example, Angle.
- In Text position, select a position, for example, Broken Leader, Horizontal Text .
- Click OK.
What is a driven or driving dimension in Solidworks?
Driving Dimension: the geometry is controlled by the dimension. Driven Dimension: the dimension is controlled by the geometry.
How do I change driven dimensions?
In the graphics window, pause the cursor over a route dimension to highlight it in red, and click to select the dimension, or press Ctrl to select multiple dimensions. On the ribbon, click 3D Sketch tab Format panel Driven Dimension . Right-click in the graphics window and select Done.
How do you move a section view in Solidworks?
To move a drawing view, use one of the following methods:
- Click and drag an entity (including edges, vertices, cosmetic threads, and so on). …
- Select a drawing view, then move (nudge) it with the arrow keys. …
- Press Alt, place the pointer anywhere in the view, and drag the view.
How do I show dimensions in Solidworks 2019?
To re-display the dimensions, right-click the feature or one of its faces, and select Show All Dimensions. To show dimension names, click View > Hide/Show > Dimension Names or Hide/Show Items > View Dimension Names (Heads-up View toolbar).