Can you merge bodies in Solidworks?
The Combine feature lives under Insert>Features>Combine. The common function allows you to add two bodies together, and keep the area that is common to them. To use this feature, we will select the common button, and then under Bodies to Combine, select the two bodies.
How do I thicken multiple surfaces in Solidworks?
If the surface you want to thicken is comprised of multiple adjacent surfaces, you must first knit the surfaces together before you thicken the surface. To thicken a surface: Click Thicken on the Features toolbar, or click Insert > Boss/Base > Thicken.
What does zero thickness mean in Solidworks?
Zero-thickness geometry (also known as non-manifold geometry) exists when edges or vertices in a solid model do not properly connect with adjacent geometry. … SOLIDWORKS does not allow zero thickness geometry because it can lead to mathematical problems and downstream errors in the model.
How do you move bodies in Solidworks?
Click Move/Copy Bodies (Features toolbar) or Insert > Features > Move/Copy. Specify parameters to move, copy, or rotate bodies. Apply mates between bodies. Click Translate/Rotate or Constraints at the bottom of the PropertyManager (if necessary) to switch to the page you want.
How do you thicken a surface in Solidworks?
To thicken a surface:
- Click Thicken (Features toolbar), or click Insert > Boss/Base > Thicken.
- In the graphics area, select a Surface to Thicken .
- In the PropertyManager, under Thicken Parameters, select the side of the surface you want to thicken.
How do you change thickness in Solidworks?
To assign line thickness or style:
- Click Options (Standard toolbar) and select the Document Properties tab.
- Set style and thickness for the following: All dimension leaders. All annotation leaders. Frames for geometric tolerances, balloons, and datums. Style. Thickness.
How do you change line thickness in Solidworks?
To set line thickness:
- Click File > Print.
- In the dialog box, under Document Options, click Line Thickness.
- In Line thickness print settings, type a value for the line weights (Thin, Normal, Thick, and five additional line thickness settings). …
- Click OK.
- Click OK to close the Print dialog box and print the document.
How do you extrude a boss in Solidworks?
- Create a sketch.
- Click one of the extrude tools: Extruded Boss/Base. on the Features toolbar, or click Insert > Boss/Base > Extrude. Extruded Cut. on the Features toolbar, or click Insert > Cut > Extrude. Extruded Surface. on the Surfaces toolbar, or click Insert > Surface > Extrude.
How do you use interference detection in Solidworks?
You can select components to check and set options for types of interferences to find, and then calculate results. To open this PropertyManager: Click Interference Detection (Assembly toolbar) or Tools > Evaluate > Interference Detection.
Can you move objects in Solidworks?
In multibody parts, you can move, rotate, and copy solid and surface bodies, or place them using mates. To move, copy, rotate, or mate a solid or surface body: Click Move/Copy Bodies (Features toolbar) or Insert > Features > Move/Copy . Specify parameters to move, copy, or rotate bodies.