To share a file, right-click and select Share. You can then edit settings for each shared file from the File Sharing tab in both the desktop and the Plenary web client interface. The Share command creates a special link to the files through the Plenary web client. You can copy, email, and password protect this link.
How do I zip a SOLIDWORKS file?
Saving Files as Zip Files
- Click File > Save As.
- Set Save as type to eDrawings Zip Files (*. zip).
- Select from the export options.
- Type the File name, then click Save.
Can you upload SOLIDWORKS files to Google Drive?
Solidworks Moves to the Cloud! … If you want to load existing projects you have to connect to a Dropbox, Box or Google Drive cloud storage account. You can also save your work within Solidworks on the cloud. No problem, I copied and pasted a Solidworks assembly to my Dropbox, connected and opened the assembly.
How do I email a SOLIDWORKS assembly?
To mail an assembly or drawing to another computer:
- Click File > Send To.
- In the dialog box, select one of the following: Name of the current document only. …
- Click OK.
- Type your mail password, the mailing address, and any other information required by your mail application.
How do you make a subassembly flexible?
To make a subassembly flexible:
- Click a subassembly in the FeatureManager design tree and select Component Properties .
- In the dialog box, under Solve as, select Flexible, then click OK. Flexible is not available for lightweight subassemblies.
Can you save a SOLIDWORKS assembly as a step file?
You can set the export options when you export SOLIDWORKS part or assembly documents as STEP files. To set the STEP export options: Click File > Save As. Select a STEP file type for Save as type, then click Options.
How do you save a SOLIDWORKS assembly as one part?
Save Assembly as Part PropertyManager
- In an assembly, click File > Save As.
- Select Part (*. prt;*. sldprt) for the file type.
- Select Include specified components.
- Select Override defaults.
- Click Save.
How do I enable merge in SOLIDWORKS?
The Combine feature lives under Insert>Features>Combine. The common function allows you to add two bodies together, and keep the area that is common to them. To use this feature, we will select the common button, and then under Bodies to Combine, select the two bodies.
How do I unzip a Solidworks file?
Unzipping a quick tip…
- Just drag the zip into SolidWorks.
- SolidWorks will unzip the files and open them!!
How do I compress a Solidworks file?
Highly Compressed Graphics Files
- With a SOLIDWORKS part or assembly document open, click File > Save As.
- In the dialog box, set Save as type to HCG (*. hcg).
- Type the file name in the File name box, and click Save.