How do I export a Blender file to Maya?
- click File -> Export -> Wavefront (. obj) OR.
- press space and type “export” -> click Export Scene: Export OBJ.
Can you import a Blender rig into Maya?
Yes, you should be able to animate a model imported from Blender as an . fbx file. To learn the basics of animating in Maya, you may want to start with the Maya Learning Channel on YouTube.
How do I convert blender to FBX?
Blender supports various file formats, many with unique properties compared to STL and OBJ. Learn how to export your Blender files to FBX!
Exporting as FBX
- Open the File menu from the top left.
- Hover over “Export”.
- Select “FBX (. fbx)”.
Can Blender models work in Maya?
Hello @Tsvi, as @pshwayka mentioned, Blender offers . OBJ and . FBX export options which can be imported in Maya: Importing & Exporting Files.
How do I import FBX into Maya?
Import an FBX file into Maya
- Launch Maya.
- Select File > Import.
- Locate the FBX file you want to import from theFile Import dialog box.
- Select FBX file extension from the File of Type menu. …
- If you don’t see the FBX Import options at the right of the Maya Import dialog box, scroll downward.
Is FBX or OBJ better?
OBJ is much simpler format that only keeps geometry (vertex, normals, etc) and uv data. FBX is much more advanced format that can hold much more data – models, uv data, joints, skinning information, animations, multiple takes of animation in one file, curves, and even embed texture files.
Can Maya Open OBJ files?
Import and prepare the OBJ file in Substance Painter
In the New project dialog, click Select to choose a mesh. Select the OBJ file that you exported from Maya, and then click Open.
How do I convert Maya to FBX?
Export an FBX file from Maya
- Launch Maya.
- Select File > Export All, or File > Export Selection. …
- Select FBX from File of Type menu. …
- Enter a name for the FBX file you want to export.
- The FBX Export options appear at the right of the Maya Export dialog box.
Can you export FBX from Blender?
The current versions of Blender can export FBX 6.1 ASCII and FBX 7.4 Binary. Choose FBX 7.4 binary. … To export a model go to File | Export | FBX (. fbx).