What is the difference between overlay and attach in AutoCAD?
Attachment: Saves a copy of the xref drawing in your drawing. Overlay: Creates a link to the xref drawing in your drawing.
What is overlay in AutoCAD?
External references, or xrefs, are files brought into AutoCAD drawings as attachments or overlays. The option to overlay or attach an xref is available under the Reference Type section of the Attach External Reference menu in AutoCAD.
Can you overlay a PDF in Revit?
You can now insert a PDF in Revit. The PDF will be placed as a 2D object in the current view only similar to previous image functionality. You can modify your PDF like any other image and manage the PDF in the Manage Images dialog. This re-sizable dialog newly supports adding or reloading a PDF.
Why wont my xref show up?
Causes: The xref file has nothing in model space, or the wrong content is on the Model tab. The drawing elements are on a layout in paper space. … The scale of the inserted drawing might not correct.
How do you overlay pictures in AutoCAD?
Insert an Overlay
- Click Insert tab Reference panel Attach. …
- In the Select Reference File dialog box, select the file you want to attach and click Open.
- In the Attach External Reference dialog box, under Reference Type, select Overlay.
How do you overlay an xref?
To Overlay an Xref
- Click .
- In the Select Reference File dialog box, select the file you want to attach and then click Open.
- In the External Reference dialog box, under Reference Type, select Overlay.
- Specify the insertion point, scale, and rotation angle. Click Specify On-Screen to use the pointing device. …
- Click OK.
How do I overlay in Autodesk?
Create Overlay Views
On the ribbon, click Place Views tab Create panel Base, and then in the Drawing View dialog, specify the assembly file and the view representation. On the ribbon, click Place Views tab Create panel Overlay, and then click the base view.