What is a detail line in Revit?
The Detail Line tool creates detail lines for detailing drawings. Detail lines are visible only in the view in which they are drawn. … Detail lines are drawn in the view’s sketch plane. They can be used to detail a view with part of the model visible, such as in a wall section or callout.
Can you convert detail lines to model lines in Revit?
Use the Convert Lines tool to change a line to a model line, a detail line, or a symbolic line. When you import a file and explode it in Revit, the import lines are converted to model lines. Model lines are visible in all views of the model.
How do you create a detail line in Revit?
Select a tool that allows for a line. For example, click Annotate tab Detail panel (Detail Line). Click Modify | Place Lines tab (or respective Modify | Place
Where are model lines Revit?
Use the Model Line tool to add a 3D line to the design. Click (Model Line). Where is it? Click Modify | Place Lines tab Draw panel, and select a sketching option or Pick Lines to create lines by selecting lines or walls within the model.
How do you draw a curved line in Revit?
Sketch a smooth curve that passes through or near specified points.
- Select a tool that allows for a spline. …
- Click Place Lines tab (or respective Place
tab or Create tab) Draw panel (Spline), and place the cursor in the drawing area.
- Click to specify the start point for the spline.
Is there a PolyLine in Revit?
The PolyLine class offers the ability to read the coordinates: PolyLine. NumberOfCoordinates – the number of points in the polyline. PolyLine.
How do you edit a line in Revit?
Open the view in which you want to change line styles. (Optional) To turn off Thin Lines, click View tab Graphics panel (Thin Lines). Click Modify tab View panel (Linework). Click Modify | Linework tab Line Style panel, and select the line style to apply to the edge from the Line Style drop-down.
How do I import a CAD line into Revit?
Import a CAD File
- Click Insert tab Import panel (Import CAD).
- In the dialog, for Files of type, select the desired file type.
- Navigate to the folder that contains the file to import, and select the file. …
- Specify options. …
- Click Open.
How do you make a detail line thicker in Revit?
Follow steps below:
- Click Manage tab Settings panel Additional Settings drop-down (Line Weights).
- In the Line Weights dialog, click the Model Line Weights, Perspective Line Weights, or Annotation Line Weights tab.
- Click a cell in the table and enter a value.
- Click OK.
What is unique to a newly created workset?
Additionally, worksets are initially Editable, meaning that the user that creates the workset is the Owner. Remember that when someone owns a workset, they are the only ones that can edit any of the elements belonging to that workset.
How do you use model lines in Revit?
Use the Model Line tool to add a 3D line to the design.
- Click (Model Line). …
- Click Modify | Place Lines tab Draw panel, and select a sketching option or Pick Lines to create lines by selecting lines or walls within the model.
Why are my model lines not showing up in Revit?
Since the phase is set to new construction it automatically puts all the model line work on new construction (not on existing phase), so the linework won’t show because we have the phase filter set to show previous and demo, so it won’t show any new construction.